BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Search and DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

japostolik

Question about the DMR upgrade with regard to search feature:

When setting a custom search range if the scanner finds a DMR signal and stops on it - will it automatically decode the audio?

Any info appreciated

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I use my 436 to find new DMR frequencies.
When in custom search it will show the frequency, color code, talk group and slot number as well as show DMR if its conventional, CON for Connect Plus CAP for Capacity Plus. I believe it also shows DT3 or something similar for DMR tier 3 trunking. I have yet to see it on my scanner.
Also if it lands on a trunking system, it will also show site ID and Network info. SO its pretty handy to use.

Last edited:

japostolik

Dear IAmSixNine,

So the audio coming out of the speaker will be decoded and intelligible?

I'm new to DMR, knowing I'll have to learn all the finer points of DMR but just as a starter will be happy to "hear" what is being said when it lands on a DMR transmission using search.

Please let me know on that.
Thanks

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
That is correct.
It still will not decode encypted traffic and some DMR systems may enable that feature.

racingfan360

So the audio coming out of the speaker will be decoded and intelligible?

To confirm, yes. As long as the original signal is not encrypted. You may get some broken decodes on DMR simplex or the on the uplink frequency of a repeater system, largely depending on received signal strength.

japostolik

Thanks!

Understand about encryption, just didn't know if the search mode would bring out some intelligible audio if what it finds isn't encrypted.

Good info - appreciated

dcisive

does it take rocket science to do a "Custom Search" to find available DMR frequencies? I'm strongly considering a 536 over a TRX-2 if it can be capable as I'd like to add the DMR because there are a number of them in my area.

Ubbe

You only need to enter low and high frequency, it's super easy to use.

It's pretty much the same with TRX-2, that it displays all DMR parameters. You have 10 search memories to program in 536 and one in TRX-2 but both can only use one search range at a time.

As some others have written about, I have a problem since the FW 1.11.20 that the scanning gets stuck on DT3 control channels which means that search is unusable for me at the moment.

/Ubbe

wmac75

Premium Subscriber
Bcd436hp or bcd352p2

If You Buy New BCD436HP Does it have to be send Back to Uniden for Repair for Battery or Clock Error I Have Read on Here About and how would I know if I Have to? Or Would a BCD325P2 Be Better Scanner For Upstate SC ?

ynot58

Uniden custom search ranges don't get dmr mobiles or inputs from mobiles but does get base inputs but trx1 gets all

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Uniden custom search ranges don't get dmr mobiles or inputs from mobiles but does get base inputs but trx1 gets all

No. Uniden's Close Call feature won't pick up single-slot TDMA transmissions like DR simplex. But frequency search or scanning will see single-slot TDMA.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If You Buy New BCD436HP Does it have to be send Back to Uniden for Repair for Battery or Clock Error I Have Read on Here About and how would I know if I Have to? Or Would a BCD325P2 Be Better Scanner For Upstate SC ?

First of all, punctuation and capitalization.

The battery and clock issue was fixed several years ago in new units. So it's a non-issue unless you have a scanner made in 2015 or earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.