Sentinel: Sentinel doesn't see sd card with AMD processor

a417

Wow.

Oh, the link works...I wish I didn't see that.

If you bought something with descriptions like that...I don't have much to say. I'll be willing to bet the only authentic piece inside that would the the AMD processor you have a hard-on for blaming in this mess. I'll bet that entire motherboard is hot-compatible garbage and is likely the culprit. The amount of work that it would take for them to develop a knockoff processor would not make the entire venture fruitful, but if they can use a garbage motherboard and chipset...they might make a buck. Your buck.

Seeing as how they offer "lifetime after-sale service", I'd lean on them. I'd also say you're not likely to get anywhere with that, just a hunch. For the amount of time you've dedicated on this jihad, I'd move on... or sell it used and try to recoup a dime or 3.

Good luck, fellow RR person.

Last edited:

OddManOut

Rather than blaming AMD I was leaning toward blaming Intel for sabotage as mentioned in the one article. It seemed plausible due to the way it acted when using the old program I used to decode Inmarsat packets. Intel has put out their own buggy cpus in the past so I'm not saying they are any better. Nobody is perfect. I'm just the consumer looking for something to work and was looking for something simple to cure this and it's become obvious that's not possible. And yes it's time to move on.

a417

Rather than blaming AMD I was leaning toward blaming Intel for sabotage as mentioned in the one article. It seemed plausible due to the way it acted when using the old program I used to decode Inmarsat packets. Intel has put out their own buggy cpus in the past so I'm not saying they are any better. Nobody is perfect. I'm just the consumer looking for something to work and was looking for something simple to cure this and it's become obvious that's not possible. And yes it's time to move on.
It's not the processor's fault, it's the hardware as a whole. You are still insistent on blaming the cpu manufacturer. They don't make the whole system package anymore, they make the chip. The hardware manufacturer for the computer is the one who puts many chips together and makes a whole package.

Buy something next time with a better description, or from a notable name.

Have a better day, please.

Last edited:

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I know it will probably sound rude, but you probably should have mentioned from the start that's it's a no-name mini computer. As I posted way up in the thread I have several AMD computers with zero issues. Maybe this is a counterfeit AMD???

OddManOut

I know it will probably sound rude, but you probably should have mentioned from the start that's it's a no-name mini computer. As I posted way up in the thread I have several AMD computers with zero issues. Maybe this is a counterfeit AMD??
Sorry, didn't cross my mind in the beginning. Probably because everything else on the computer worked fine and was just thinking there was a setting somewhere that might be the cause. At this point it's not possible to say the problem is this or that or not this or not that. Don't worry about being rude. Time to move on.

noelp

Premium Subscriber
Try rebooting your PC. Seriously. Just fought the same thing for 2 hours. Rebooted pc. It all worked as it should.

OddManOut

Try rebooting your PC. Seriously. Just fought the same thing for 2 hours. Rebooted pc. It all worked as it should.
That was done many times during the course of trying so many things. Thanks for the input but I'm no longer pursuing the issue and have moved on.