SDS100/SDS200: Sentinel issue

Don57

Premium Subscriber
I purchased an SDS100 a few months ago. I also purchased a new laptop w/ windows 11 to program it with. I’ve have been trying with no luck to load Sentinel on to the laptop. I followed all instructions about trying to change the .net framework , again with no luck. So I’ve been using it with my 11757 zip code with a range of 30 miles. Today I pulled out my old desk top computer from the garage and had no issue loading Sentinel. The issue is , after I updated the firmware and database I lost the Suffolk County NY P25 system and the MTA system. Any ideas what could have happened ? I re-entered my zip code but they still do not appear.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I purchased an SDS100 a few months ago. I also purchased a new laptop w/ windows 11 to program it with. I’ve have been trying with no luck to load Sentinel on to the laptop. I followed all instructions about trying to change the .net framework , again with no luck.
As far as getting .net on your Win 11 laptop…..

Sentinel requires .NET 2.0 specifically. To install .NET 2.0....

In the Windows search bar, type "Windows features" and click on "turn Windows features on or off"

Once that window populates, look at the checkbox next to ".NET Framework 3.5 (Includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)”. If that box is not checked, be sure to check it. Then click OK. After that finishes, reboot the computer and try installing Sentinel again. If your laptop is running Windows 11 in S mode, you will need to disable that first.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Today I pulled out my old desk top computer from the garage and had no issue loading Sentinel. The issue is , after I updated the firmware and database I lost the Suffolk County NY P25 system and the MTA system. Any ideas what could have happened ? I re-entered my zip code but they still do not appear.

In general, if one writes to the scanner, without first reading the scanner into Sentinel, it would not know or preserve the settings like avoids, enabled fav lists, set range and zip code etc.

After re entering your zip code, does anything else appear to scan? Do you have all applicable service types selected?

Try what @fxdscon suggested to get Sentinel going on laptop, or update the full database on the old desktop.

Go in Sentinel USA, navigate to NY then Suffolk and make sure the local pd and Mta (MRRS) are not set to avoid.

Don57

Premium Subscriber
I just turned the scanner on and noticed all DMR and P25 is gone . I did not have time to go into Sentinel today. Yesterday all I did was update the firmware and database. I did not create any lists or anything else. Everything in the scanner is set correctly. I’m lost ??? One other issue is I’m not receiving any NYPD. All my other scanners that I have or had (bc9000xlt , hp1 , bc200xlt , bc60xlt , bc125at etc) receive(d) it quite well but not the SDS100.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I just turned the scanner on and noticed all DMR and P25 is gone
Gone from where?

Yesterday all I did was update the firmware and database. I did not create any lists or anything else. Everything in the scanner is set correctly.
Did you read the scanner into Sentinel first, before doing any updates?

One other issue is I’m not receiving any NYPD. All my other scanners that I have or had (bc9000xlt , hp1 , bc200xlt , bc60xlt , bc125at etc) receive(d) it quite well but not the SDS100.

Not sure exactly what you listen to or how often you listen but they started encrypting stuff.

gcopter1

I just turned the scanner on and noticed all DMR and P25 is gone . I did not have time to go into Sentinel today. Yesterday all I did was update the firmware and database. I did not create any lists or anything else. Everything in the scanner is set correctly. I’m lost ??? One other issue is I’m not receiving any NYPD. All my other scanners that I have or had (bc9000xlt , hp1 , bc200xlt , bc60xlt , bc125at etc) receive(d) it quite well but not the SDS100.
Did you happen to loose other settings, such as display options?

Asking because I've had something similar happen to me, turning the scanner on, out of the blue, my display changed from detailed trunk to simple trunk with default colors and one of my favorite lists was not avilable to scan yet the others were.

Connecting the scanner to the PC and writing again to the scanner would solve the problem only to re appear later.

I swapped out the sd card.

Problem solved.

Don57

Premium Subscriber
Gone from where?
They are not showing up in the scanner.
Did you read the scanner into Sentinel first, before doing any updates?
I did not read the scanner into Sentinal before the updates.
Not sure exactly what you listen to or how often you listen but they started encrypting stuff.
I listen to the NYPD almost daily on the HP1 and/or the BC125. I know some of Brooklyn and Transit went encrypted but there is still a lot in the clear. I was just listening to the Queens frequencies earlier today. I never had an outside antenna , I’ve always used stock antennas or a couple of 800mhz antennas and they always have come in loud and clear on all my scanners with the exception of the SDS100.

Don57

Premium Subscriber
Did you happen to loose other settings, such as display options?

Asking because I've had something similar happen to me, turning the scanner on, out of the blue, my display changed from detailed trunk to simple trunk with default colors and one of my favorite lists was not avilable to scan yet the others were.

Connecting the scanner to the PC and writing again to the scanner would solve the problem only to re appear later.

I swapped out the sd card.

Problem solved.
I haven’t noticed any other thing lost just all DMR and P25.

donc13

Premium Subscriber
I haven’t noticed any other thing lost just all DMR and P25.
P25 is built in, DMR should show on the information page of the scanner.

If you have lost a favorite list or saved programming on the SD card and don't have a backup, you will have to reprogram (add) the missing systems.

In Sentinel, read from the Scanner onto a new (or spare) SD card. Once you have read the scanner, modify the list(s) to add back the systems you are missing and then write them back to the scanner.

Reboot the scanner.. See if all is well now.

fantasma25

They are not showing up in the scanner.

I did not read the scanner into Sentinal before the updates.

I listen to the NYPD almost daily on the HP1 and/or the BC125. I know some of Brooklyn and Transit went encrypted but there is still a lot in the clear. I was just listening to the Queens frequencies earlier today. I never had an outside antenna , I’ve always used stock antennas or a couple of 800mhz antennas and they always have come in loud and clear on all my scanners with the exception of the SDS100.
That would explain why you lost your settings. If you just downloaded Sentinel into your computer, updated it and then uploaded that into your scanner, this would change whatever settings you had and return everything back to general settings. Always download from your scanner, update sentinel with the weekly updates (comes out every Tuesday) and then upload these updates to your scanner. This will save any settings that you might have changed. You can always go into sentinel, create your favorite list etc and save that file in your computer.