SDS100/SDS200: Finally got my sds100 need some guidance on programming it.

RMason

Premium Subscriber
Ok @RMason had said sdrtrunk ...but anyways' here it is i have not used it much accept for maybe the last hour so thats where u will see the most with the honaker trunk site.

why do you need this anyways?
The p25data file contains information that helps us to understand the systems you are monitoring.

You may find the information in DSDPlus.P25data useful. For each site you have monitored in a P25 trunked system, it logs the system name, site number, control channel frequencies, voice channel frequencies, list of neighboring sites, etc.

For instance: The p25data shows that you have received the following networks while using dsd+:
Network: 92715.1F7 (American Electric Power (AEP) P25)​
It looks like you have loaded the information for the STARS network into the DSD+ DSDPlus.groups file and DSDPlus.sites files from the RR downloads. I suggest you download the groups and sites information from the RR database for the AEP and WV SIRN networks. You can cut/paste the contents of these files to the end of the appropriate file in DSDPlus. (It is recommended to save a backup copy before editing these files) DSD+ will read the file contents and update its data. DSD+ will display the site names in addition to the site numbers. This should improve your experience using DSD+. It will also make it easier to compare sentinel and dsd+ data.

RMason

Premium Subscriber
Also i put in the same freqs into the sds100 that i have in sdrtrunk and it's showing traffic in sdrtrunk but the scanner isn't picking it up .it's 854.1375 it's the AEP everything else is being picked up but that i don't know if i have a setting wrong or what
Following up on this one:
Did you program the Lick Creek site instead of the Culver site for the 854.1375 control frequency? DSD+ is receiving the Lick Creek site - not Culver (as Enjoi19 pointed out)

RMason

Premium Subscriber
And something that just bothers me to no end. i have dsdplus running and the sds100 running both on the same antenna both on the same channel and the sds100 will miss traffic sometimes and dsdplus picks it up. any clue why this might be .
What is an example of traffic that you are missing?

Here is one scenario that can explain why the sds100 misses traffic that dsd+ receives:

When you say you are on the same channel on both dsd+ and sds100:
  • Are you monitoring a P25 system?
  • On the sds100, are you only scanning the 1 site that dsd+ is tuned to? Or are you scanning other sites as well?
Keep in mind that the scan speed is impacted by programming multiple sites on the same system. The scanner will attempt to check each site for activity. It takes 1-2 seconds to check for traffic on each site before moving on. If it is tuned to a site that does not carry the talkgroup that is being received by dsd+, the transmission will be missed. (This is an example of “The more you scan, the less you hear.”)

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
What is an example of traffic that you are missing?

Here is one scenario that can explain why the sds100 misses traffic that dsd+ receives:

When you say you are on the same channel on both dsd+ and sds100:
  • Are you monitoring a P25 system?
  • On the sds100, are you only scanning the 1 site that dsd+ is tuned to? Or are you scanning other sites as well?
Keep in mind that the scan speed is impacted by programming multiple sites on the same system. The scanner will attempt to check each site for activity. It takes 1-2 seconds to check for traffic on each site before moving on. If it is tuned to a site that does not carry the talkgroup that is being received by dsd+, the transmission will be missed. (This is an example of “The more you scan, the less you hear.”)
Ok i added the things u said into dsdplus. and i have lick creek added as well

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
Following up on this one:
Did you program the Lick Creek site instead of the Culver site for the 854.1375 control frequency? DSD+ is receiving the Lick Creek site - not Culver (as Enjoi19 pointed out)
I found this new site and it's nexedge96 when i hover over it it says it's honaker but when i search for in the RRDB it comes back something totally different and not even in the same area as me . any idea what it is and will my sds100 pick it up i have the nxdn upgrade but i can't figure out where in my area it's coming from the freqs is 858.6125

Attachments

• pic3.png
    pic3.png
    341.7 KB · Views: 7

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I found this new site and it's nexedge96 when i hover over it it says it's honaker but when i search for in the RRDB it comes back something totally different and not even in the same area as me . any idea what it is and will my sds100 pick it up i have the nxdn upgrade but i can't figure out where in my area it's coming from the freqs is 858.6125

L170 NXDN is Professional Communications LLC (ex Sibley Communications)

Site 2 - Honaker WPVR257 - 858.6125 (channel 608 I think)

Professional Communications LLC NXDN Google Map

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
L170 NXDN is Professional Communications LLC (ex Sibley Communications)

Site 2 - Honaker WPVR257 - 858.6125 (channel 608 I think)

Professional Communications LLC NXDN Google Map
Ok thanks now i am looking in sentinel and i cannot find This at all. is some stuff just not in sentinel or am i dumb and can't find it? it's the abingdon and washington one that is my area

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Ok thanks now i am looking in sentinel and i cannot find This at all. is some stuff just not in sentinel or am i dumb and can't find it? it's the abingdon and washington one that is my area

Not listed in Sentinel for multiple reasons:

1. No talkgroups known/published for the system. Can't pull a system in via sentinel if it has no talkgroups
2. If it did have talkgroups, site #2 isn't in the DB (that requires somebody to submit an update to the DB)

So you'll have to manually add it as a favorite if you actually want to monitor it. I doubt there is much activity on it.

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
Not listed in Sentinel for multiple reasons:

1. No talkgroups known/published for the system. Can't pull a system in via sentinel if it has no talkgroups
2. If it did have talkgroups, site #2 isn't in the DB (that requires somebody to submit an update to the DB)

So you'll have to manually add it as a favorite if you actually want to monitor it. I doubt there is much activity on it.
Alright thanks. maybe i can find something new and submit it. Hope your having a great day.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
You could submit those last four lines in the Event Window that showed the various L170 neighbors

You could submit 858.6125 as 170-2 (aka system 170, site 2)

Those would be helpful. Of course you've have to type out those four lines at the bottom of the Event Window in order to submit them.

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
You could submit those last four lines in the Event Window that showed the various L170 neighbors

You could submit 858.6125 as 170-2 (aka system 170, site 2)

Those would be helpful. Of course you've have to type out those four lines at the bottom of the Event Window in order to submit them.
alright i'll get that done now