Sentinel New profile issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyC

Not true. Right click on a favorite list, and you can easily see the Download and Monitor status of each list in the pop-up menu.
Very true. Nobody likes to right click on 50 favorite lists one at a time to determine whether or not they are on or off.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Very true. Nobody likes to right click on 50 favorite lists one at a time to determine whether or not they are on or off.

As stated in post #18 above, you can check the download/monitor status of ALL favorites lists with just ONE click.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Nobody likes to right click on 50 favorite lists one at a time to determine whether or not they are on or off.
As others have pointed out, you don't have to; when you click the edit profile button, the first thing you see is all your favorite lists, and can edit which ones are downloaded and monitored. Your claim "Doesn't eliminate the fact that you can't tell what is or isn't active from the list of systems on the left" is doubly inaccurate. You can either right-click on an individual list to check its status, or call up and edit the status of every favorite list with a single button click.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber

Well I suppose his statement is accurate which says "Nobody likes to . . . click on 50 favorite lists one at a time". For some reason I'm getting the impression that he isn't comprehending what we are saying: "You ain't gotta do that".

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
^^^and that is a third option not previously mentioned!^^^
(y)

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
^^^and that is a third option not previously mentioned!^^^
(y)

I had previously pointed that out in post #18.

You don't even need to open the profile editor to see the status of all download/monitor settings for favorites in the current profile.

When Sentinel opens, just click and highlight the "Favorites Lists" header in the left window,

At that point, every favorites list is shown in the right window along with the "Download - Monitor" status for every favorites list.

Open Sentinel, one click..... can't get much simpler than that.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I had previously pointed that out in post #18.
Oops. I misread your post and thought you were referring to opening the profile editor to see the favorite list status there. :rolleyes:

Regardless, the whole "they could have easily included a visual cue" thing is not accurate--they did. There's 2 different ways to see that info with a single click (clicking the Profile Editor button or clicking the "Favorite Lists" header in the tree view), plus the right-click pop-up menu for individual favorite lists.

Celeritas670

Here is a solution to all of these issues, which unfortunately will never be implemented because there is no money in updating Sentinel.

This thread started because the OP did not like that all favorites lists showed up in all profiles. I never liked this either. Here's the solution:
add a new tab, Favorites Lists, in the profile. Under that tab you find all of your favorites lists for all profiles listed with check boxes (exactly the way Service Types are now handled under their own tab). Check the ones you want to include on your profile main page. QED

(Among those you could still have the options to download/monitor.)

u2brent

OAMPT
Here is a solution to all of these issues, which unfortunately will never be implemented because there is no money in updating Sentinel.

This thread started because the OP did not like that all favorites lists showed up in all profiles. I never liked this either. Here's the solution:
add a new tab, Favorites Lists, in the profile. Under that tab you find all of your favorites lists for all profiles listed with check boxes (exactly the way Service Types are now handled under their own tab). Check the ones you want to include on your profile main page. QED

(Among those you could still have the options to download/monitor.)

I tought day did dat already :unsure:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'm still having trouble grasping why there is a problem with all the Favorites Lists being displayed on the main page.

Sentinel shows all of the Favorites Lists that the user has created, along with how the active Profile uses them, as in whether they are to be sent to the scanner, or whether the scanner will monitor them.

If they were NOT displayed for a new profile, a user may end up thinking "I know I created a Favorites List for ____. I don't see it, where did it go?"

u2brent

OAMPT
Some folks just can't be pleased, I think Sentinel is fine and works like it was designed to do, and they tried to keep it as simple as possible [and for some that still ain't enough!!] they ought to go back to the ignorant bliss of ZIP code scanning and just give up trying FL's and the like.. It requires some basic understanding of trunking and scanning, Some don't have that yet, Some just can't be relearned :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.