Sentinel: Sentinel not showing statewide/national

kh11

Premium Subscriber
I haven't played with Sentinel to program my SDS100 for quite a while. I just tried to update the master database, and it got a checksum error, and suggested reinstall. I did that, and it says the DB is the latest version. When I browse to a state or county, selecting "statewide" results in an empty window. What am I missing? The county information is there for each state, but for the life of me, I can't find any nationwide or statewide listings. No state police, highway patrol, etc.

kh11

Premium Subscriber
Something's weird - after multiple uninstalls, and trying to delete all of the files for it, a new install still retains the profile name I had added just tonight. Where is it getting that? There must be some vestiges of the program that aren't getting removed.

kh11

Premium Subscriber
Tried creating a new user. Ran the software and it stopped showing the profile name, acted more like a fresh install. However selecting statewide or nationwide for any county results in nothing being displayed in the window - it turns a dull pink, not even like it's an empty list window - like there is no contents at all. This is with the 5/28 DB. Windows 10, up to date.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Try this:
1. Stop Sentinel
2. Go to this folder C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Uniden Substitute your user name for [user]
3. Delete all the files starting with "BCDx36HP_Sentinel.exe_Url"
4. Restart Sentinel

If that doesn't work then try this
1. Stop Sentinel
2.. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Uniden\BCDx36HP_Sentinel\Database
3. Delete all the files
4. Restart Sentinel. You should see a message "Reconstructing Database..."

kh11

Premium Subscriber
Try this:
1. Stop Sentinel
2. Go to this folder C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Uniden Substitute your user name for [user]
4. Restart Sentinel

1. Stop Sentinel
3. Delete all the files
I don't have AppData or ProgramData folders. The software installed under Windows\ProgramFiles (x86)\Uniden, and I don't see Database anywhere.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I don't have AppData or ProgramData folders. The software installed under Windows\ProgramFiles (x86)\Uniden, and I don't see Database anywhere.
I should of mentioned that those are kind of hidden folders and you have to type in or cut & paste the folder names.

kh11

Premium Subscriber
Try this:
1. Stop Sentinel
4. Restart Sentinel

1. Stop Sentinel
3. Delete all the files
I should of mentioned that those are kind of hidden folders and you have to type in or cut & paste the folder names.
Right, I figured that out. The first didn't help. After I tried the second, I got an alert which I think is the same thing I got when I first started having trouble - an alert dialog that says "Database could not be read. BCDx36HP Sentinel Installation might be corrupted. Please reinstall BCD36HP Sentinel. Extending gz file was failure. The CRC in GZip footer does not match the CRC calculated from the decompressed data". I should mention I also had some Windows updates today. I've backed out most of them I think. I will double-check that.

kh11

Premium Subscriber
In Sentinel try going to tools>options>reconstruct database.
Tried that, it didn't help. I'm going to go back, uninstall, make sure to remove the hidden directories (which I would have thought would be removed when you uninstall, but clearly that's not the case) and then reinstall. I'm betting there's something in the hidden files that is keeping it from re-creating the DB.

kh11

Premium Subscriber
Hallelujah! Yup, it was the files in the hidden folders that did it. Thanks for the advice, folks, especially ProScan (I'm taking a look at your software too - probably going to get a license for that.)