Sentinel software

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick59349

Hello, I just got my new SDS 100 and was trying to download the Sentinel software but it keeps saying I need .NET 2.0 then directs me to a site that only has 5.0. So I download it but it keeps saying to download anytime I try and install the program. There are no instructions. Does anybody have any input?

Thanks.

csv

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I just got my new SDS 100 and was trying to download the Sentinel software but it keeps saying I need .NET 2.0 then directs me to a site that only has 5.0. So I download it but it keeps saying to download anytime I try and install the program. There are no instructions. Does anybody have any input?

Thanks.
I just got a new computer and tryed to install Sentinel which I had for years on my old computer and got the same BS

nick59349

I just got a new computer and tryed to install Sentinel which I had for years on my old computer and got the same BS
Well that sucks. The scanner is useless without the software. I guess I'll have to return it... Bummer.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

Thanks.

Sentinel needs a specific version of .NET framework (2.0). Your computer may have a version of .NET framework already in it, but unless it has the specific version Sentinel needs, it won't run. Newer versions of .NET framework are not cumulative updates.

In Windows 10, go to:

Control Panel --> Programs and features --> Turn Windows features on or off (in the upper left corner)

once that window populates, click in the box that says ".NET Framework 3.5 (Includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)”. You don't need to select the 2 sub-headings under that main one.

Click OK, and it will be installed. Then you can use Sentinel.

nick59349

Sentinel needs a specific version of .NET framework (2.0). Your computer may have a version of .NET framework already in it, but unless it has the specific version Sentinel needs, it won't run. Newer versions of .NET framework are not cumulative updates.

In Windows 10, go to:

Control Panel --> Programs and features --> Turn Windows features on or off (in the upper left corner)

once that window populates, click in the box that says ".NET Framework 3.5 (Includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)”. You don't need to select the 2 sub-headings under that main one.

Click OK, and it will be installed. Then you can use Sentinel.

Thanks, that did it. I'm surprised its not more intuitive. Windows usually figures this stuff out on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.