Sentinel vs ProScan

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I've searched for the ProScan forum in RRDB drop down menu and can't find it labeled (for direct access). I'd like to follow.

The Proscan Official Software Thread is in the "Forums" menu, not the database area (RRDB).

Forums --> Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming --> Scanner Programming Software --> Proscan Official Software Thread

Here is a direct link to the beginning (page 1 of 270) of that thread:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Proscan does not have the database like Sentinel you have to connect to the RadioReference Database online.
That's not quite accurate anymore.

If Sentinel BCDx36HP is installed on the same PC, ProScan's Favorites Editor is able to directly access the full USA/Canada database. You can import any of that data into the Favorites Editor just as you would by importing from the RRDB, except no premium membership is required. The full database must be updated in the usual way using the Sentinel software.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
And a couple other of my favorite features of Proscan- worth buying just for these IMO.
Center all of your text tags with one click. The SDS-100 was recently added with this feature.
Capitalize all text characters with one click.
Have your whole display on your computer screen and log all of the transmissions.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Anyway, as I try to advance my setup, UID logging/recording in Sentinel and ProScan allows you to do what exactly? I'm thinking you can grab the UID numbers and convert to names?

The SDS200 (along with the SDS100 & BCDx36HP ) has a specific Unit ID group for each system. The Unit ID Name field can contain up to 64 characters. When logging with ProScan (Sentinel doesn't have logging/recording capability) will log the text tags (names). The Unit IDs can be programmed with Sentinel or ProScan. Also ProScan has a UID Lookup text file that can be used to match the UIDs with UID Names. But I think that is mainly used with the older scanners that are limited to text tags of 16 characters in length.

Last edited:

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
The SDS200 (along with the SDS100 & BCDx36HP ) has a specific Unit IDs group for each system. The Unit ID Name field can contain up to 64 characters. When logging with ProScan (Sentinel doesn't have logging/recording capability) will log the text tags (names). The Unit IDs can be programmed with Sentinel or ProScan. Also ProScan has a UID Lookup text file that can be used to match the UIDs with UID Names. But I think that is mainly used with the older scanners that are limited to text tags of 16 characters in length.
ProScan is awesome!

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
That's not quite accurate anymore.

If Sentinel BCDx36HP is installed on the same PC, ProScan's Favorites Editor is able to directly access the full USA/Canada database. You can import any of that data into the Favorites Editor just as you would by importing from the RRDB, except no premium membership is required. The full database must be updated in the usual way using the Sentinel software.

View attachment 85185
Thanks for the new info did not know I could import the database from Sentinel into PROSCAN I will look into this.
THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.