Shelby County Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf5qgf

Hello. I've recently tried to setup the Memphis, TN area trunking system into my scanner, I've programmed in all of the control frequencies and voice channels, and set everything to MOT (Btw it's a motorola type II smartzone). On the control channel I'm averaging a signal in the mid 90%, but when I press scan all I get is the control noise breaking in and it really not scanning. I've yet to hear any other transmissions other than the control noise. I'm using a radioshack pro-163 using firmware version 1.07

Breakdown of the Vitals
Scanner: Pro-163
Firmware: 1.07
State: TN
County: Shelby
City: Memphis
System: C11E

Any help will be greatly greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

Craig

N8IAA

Even though the Shelby County system is analog and digital, the majority of comms you probably want to monitor are digital. The 163 will not decode Digital TGID's. Animal control, county/city services are analog, as well as some others. But, all law enforcement is digital. You'll have to upgrade to a 197 to monitor the county and city.
HTH,
Larry

kf5qgf

Helpful

Yeah I see now on the tgid list that almost everything is listed digital, I hate that I missed that. Still new to this and breaking it in. I appreciate you taking the time and noticing what I clearly missed. Thanks again.

CRN

Status
Not open for further replies.