Shortwaveschedule.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

WB2UZR

The only problem I have with it is that with the Chrome browser, the filters don't show up. I assume you guys see a box for language and other filters?

Scott/WB2UZR

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
The only problem I have with it is that with the Chrome browser, the filters don't show up. I assume you guys see a box for language and other filters?

Scott/WB2UZR

I just went there with Chrome and I see the filter boxes at the top. Went back there with IE and Safari, and they all look pretty much the same.

WB2UZR

Do you see filter boxes to filter by language? I see the station/frequency/active now filter boxes, but I think there is supposed to be a function to filter by language, to see only english, etc, broadcasts.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Do you see filter boxes to filter by language? I see the station/frequency/active now filter boxes, but I think there is supposed to be a function to filter by language, to see only english, etc, broadcasts.

I'm not seeing any language choice box in any of those browsers, and unless I missed it, I don't see any reference to a language filter on the "How To Use This Site" page.

There is a reference to the "Access my Location" request from the browser, but the sight says that will allow calculation of the distance to the transmitter.

Pretty cool site though.

WB2UZR

In-page realtime filtering of the transmissions table, allowing you to quickly filter the results for a specific frequency, station name or language. For example: to display only shortwave broadcasts in english, just type "english" in the text field located under "Language". The filter also works for frequency and station name. As a bonus, the filters are kept when you navigate the site (so don't forget to clear the filters if you don't see any results).

That is on the main page, under the 27 Jan 2011 entry. I see there is a problem with Chrome for Mac, I am using Windows, so must be a problem there too!

Scott

WB2UZR

Still don't see it, after clicking the "on air now", it comes up with the proper list, just don't see the dropdown you mentioned. Are you using Chrome?

The only "language" entry I see is in the blue header bar above the columns of data.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Still don't see it, after clicking the "on air now", it comes up with the proper list, just don't see the dropdown you mentioned. Are you using Chrome?

The only "language" entry I see is in the blue header bar above the columns of data.

OK, I see it now... I thought you were asking about seeing it on the first page where the other dropdowns are.

After clicking on "on air now" as mentioned above, on that page under the "Language" header a dropdown box will appear. The first time I went to that page, it took quite a while for that drop down to appear under the language header, maybe 15-20 seconds after the page loaded. It is there using all of the browsers I mentioned above.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
click "on air now" look for dragdown box under 'language' click down arrow to bring up language list:)

And a Belated "Happy Birthday" to you!

Saw it on the RR calendar the other day.

WB2UZR

Still not seeing it on Chrome, very strange. Must have something installed that's blocking it. Not a big deal, still a very useful page!

Scott

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Still not seeing it on Chrome, very strange. Must have something installed that's blocking it. Not a big deal, still a very useful page!

Scott

When you are using Chrome, do you see the little spinning progress icon in the very upper left hand side of the topmost title tab?

The drop down box won't show until it stops spinning.

I just went there again, and it took about 40 seconds this time.

Do you have a broadband connection? Might even take longer if you don't....

WB2UZR

Still couldn't get the language box to display in my Chrome browser, I installed an extension called IE Tab, which brings up the site in IE within Chrome. The language box is now there. Not sure why others don't have this problem using Chrome, I must be "special"!! Anyway, works now!

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.