Silicon Valley Regional Communications System (SVRCS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is the first big event at the stadium, and SVRCS is hopping. 35706, 35707, 35708. Many calls are running in parallel during the busier times. It's all TDMA. If you ever wanted to test reception, now is the time.

kma371

QRT
Is anyone running pro96com. It will list if its phase 1 or 2 on newest version

Stealthguy05

I'm running Pro96com and it is showing the "Flavor" as Phase 2.
Also, it sounds like Santa Clara Public Works has started their transition. In addition, Sunnyvale Parking Enforcement is also live on TGID 1753

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I'm running Pro96com and it is showing the "Flavor" as Phase 2.
Generally speaking, this gets toggled to Phase 2 when a radio capable of it affiliates to a system. The system doesn't necessarily run TGs in P2-only mode or DDM. SVRCS just happens to primarily run P2.

Stealthguy05

Sounds like Silicon Valley Power Electric has joined the system now. Hearing 455x TGIDs. 4551 is being called SVP 1

johndrake

Time to buy a new scanner.

From the city managers blog: Sunnyvale DPS Begins Rollout of New Radio System

DPS has begun to implement the new radio system in preparation for a late October “Go-Live.” The infrastructure has been completed and has been tested over the last several months. The subscriber units which include portable radios have been distributed and training has been completed. The new mobile radios’ installation has begun and will continue until the end of October.

The new radio platform utilizes the latest communications technology. It offers users a robust system designed to manage all needs, including day-to-day operations or a large-scale event. The implementation has been in process for many years in line with the Department of Homeland Security interoperability requirements and guidelines. The system design and build is being led by the Silicon Valley Regional Interoperability Authority (SVRIA) which comprises all of the law enforcement, fire and EMS organizations in Santa Clara County. The project known as the Silicon Valley Regional Communications System (SVRCS) is based upon the latest standards, technology and requirements for a public safety grade first responder communication system.

City staff has been working on this project for several years and are excited to see the implementation. The new system will replace an outdated system that has been in use for many years. The transition will provide new capabilities for public safety agencies to communicate more effectively throughout the region.

Santa Clara city live

sounds like Santa Clara city fire and p.d. "Flipped the switch" this morning at 8am. They're running calls on the system now.

Stealthguy05

All transmissions are Phase II for those wondering. Sites active so far seem to be, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, Mountain View, Campbell and County Com. Los Gatos, Doyle Dr and Palo Alto seem to be not too far behind. Audio on the 436 is stable with the usual phase 2 crackles on decode.

SVRCS site frequencies

Are all the sites reusing the frequencies listed here on RR, or does each site have its own set? I've only programmed in what's here on RR and I don't think I'm missing anything so far.

Stealthguy05

Santa Clara City (PD FD PW & Silicon Valley Power) All using the system 24/7. Sounds like they are slowly discovering the coverage gaps.

scannerbuff999

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
just for info it will still take some time before everybody is on this system
first most of other department do have radio yet and new sites have to build
and they has some problems getting this systems running all of these system do not go like clock work
right now it just looks like Sunnyvale will be up on Saturday

kmh603

Sunnyvale Fire also on 700 MHz. Both Sunnyvale and Santa Clara city are simulcasting as of today.

So here we go... call quality is poor at times, it's lashed together with any number of hacks, and some features are missing, but it *IS* a TDMA SDR setup. Unlike my previous site (seen above, now disabled), this one does not involve manual copies from my PSR-800. Calls show up all by themselves.

Here it is, for what it's worth: Super Trunking Scanner: SVRCS [BETA]

brian95008

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have any information when other agencies within the County might be going 10-8 on the SVRCS system?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.