Simulcast system problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so my question is i live in Cleveland Ohio and my question is how do you know if your having issues with receiving the Ohio Marcs and the GCRCN....???
what are things to look for?

Engine104

Member since 2005
First off, thank you for your service. I am assuming from your subject line that you are having trouble receiving a simulcast system in the Cleveland area. I'm in SoCal, so I can't be much help with radio comms in your area, but I do know from posts on here that when dealing with simulcast systems, less antenna is often helpful, even just a rubber duckie. Also, directional antennas might help. What scanner do you have?

Pretty much the only scanners that handle simulcast systems well are the SDS 100 and SDS 200 from Uniden.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If your audio garbles, cuts out or doesn't happen when you think it should, that's symptomatic. Simulcast issues are real hit and miss. Some folks are close enough to not have a problem, others have it bad.

You can confirm simulcast distortion by bringing your scanner to about 1/4 mile away from transmitter. If you get pristine audio there, that pretty much confirms you have distortion at home.

marksmith

I receive two towers of a simulcast system with full 5 bars. No radio other than the SDS radios can hear the system from here. The towers are nearly visible they are so close, but they are equidistant from this location. If I go a mile away in either direction, the signal is easily received.

Nasby

Simulcast is totally dependent on your location. If you are in a good spot, you certainly could be receiving the Cleveland area systems pefectly with the scanners you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.