Siren app/iPhone connection issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I have an iPhone 6 that I connect to my scanner via a Netgear (Nighthawk I think) router using the Sire app in infrastructure mode.

I have the "Everything was working fine until just the other day, it suddenly. . . " syndrome. When I try to start Siren and connect to the scanner, I hear audio, but the System, Department and Channel tag display portion remains blank.

The only thing that seems to fix the issue is unplugging the router's power cable. Then everything goes back to normal for a day or two. Everything else with the router and iPhone seems fine (internet connection, etc.)

Any thoughts? If the router is going bad, why am I still able to surf the internet just fine?

coolderb

I have an iPhone 6 that I connect to my scanner via a Netgear (Nighthawk I think) router using the Sire app in infrastructure mode.

I have the "Everything was working fine until just the other day, it suddenly. . . " syndrome. When I try to start Siren and connect to the scanner, I hear audio, but the System, Department and Channel tag display portion remains blank.

The only thing that seems to fix the issue is unplugging the router's power cable. Then everything goes back to normal for a day or two. Everything else with the router and iPhone seems fine (internet connection, etc.)

Any thoughts? If the router is going bad, why am I still able to surf the internet just fine?

One thing that may help is to make sure your wi-fi dongle has a static IP address rather than a dynamic address. This can be done by associating the hard wired MAC address with a static IP address: https://kb.netgear.com/24091/How-do...n-my-Nighthawk-router?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

RFI-EMI-GUY

Is there anything special about the supplied WiFi dangle? Can a different type or an access point be substituted directly at the USB connection?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.