SIRN

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Joined
Jul 18, 2014
Messages
13,409
Reaction score
3,729
Location
VA
Here you go!


6852 CSX Dispatch
6853 CSX Tactical
6854 CSX RR 4 Private
6855 CSX RR 5 Private

I live near the Martinsburg train station. Most of the rail traffic I pick up is on 160.230 simplex NFM. Its mostly train crew talking to dispatch, or crew-to-crew comms on the MARC commuter trains.
 

WV8EJW

Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2012
Messages
88
Reaction score
2
Deleting talkgroups

Does anyone know if its possible to delete a talkgroup from a scanner. Im tired of listening to tg5182 which is Rhodell VFD Private here in Raleigh County. All they do is cuss eachother out and talk about random things. When I lock it out of scan and everytime I turn the scanner on then turn it back on later it scans it again
 

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
946
Reaction score
34
Location
Charleston W.V.
When you stop the Talk Group and hold it push Function then Lockout. It will still be in your radio but you will not hear it until you repeat this process again.
 

BM82557

Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2006
Messages
5,728
Reaction score
5,759
Location
Berkeley Co WV
Unid talkgroups

Some talkgroups not in the database I've picked up on the Berkeley County site -

Morgan County - 1708, 1723, 1745


Unknown - 8534, 9306, 9652
 

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
946
Reaction score
34
Location
Charleston W.V.
Some talkgroups not in the database I've picked up on the Berkeley County site -

Morgan County - 1708, 1723, 1745


Unknown - 8534, 9306, 9652





Here is what I have on these:

MORGAN CO LAW 2 TG 1708

MORGAN CO SHERIFF PVT TG 1723

MORGAN CO TASK FORCE 1 TG 1745

WV DOC SLAYTON WORK CAMP DISPATCH TG 9652

TG 8534 falls into the range of WV DOC

TG 9306 falls into the range of WV DOT
 
Last edited:

BM82557

Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2006
Messages
5,728
Reaction score
5,759
Location
Berkeley Co WV
Morgan County

Not sure what they were doing at 02:58am on the 16th but quite a few unknown Morgan County talkgroups were active on the Berkeley County site. Any ideas on to what they are?
 
Last edited:

MOTOROLANUT

Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2005
Messages
301
Reaction score
1
Location
Here, there and everywhere in WV
This may be old news but I have been hearing ritchie county on sirn for a few weeks

Are they simulcasting on the old dispatch VHF too? Also this makes me wonder when Doddridge county will go to the SIRN and leave UHF conventional. Speaking of which anything new on Wood county or Parkersburg PD SIRN activity?
 

w8mkh

Member
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
343
Reaction score
0
Location
Parkersburg West Virginia
Wood co uses it for car to car encrypted Parkersburg is still on 155490 they use sirn for spec events
Med stuff is on sirn and WVSP also on sirn
 

WV8EJW

Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2012
Messages
88
Reaction score
2
Does anyone know if Beckley Police Department is going to SIRN in the near future? I've noticed that they are putting in Motorola XTL mobiles in their cruisers and a few of their higher up officers now are carrying Motorola XTS2500's. And almost all of their cruisers have UHF antennas on them.
 

MOTOROLANUT

Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2005
Messages
301
Reaction score
1
Location
Here, there and everywhere in WV
Does anyone know if Beckley Police Department is going to SIRN in the near future? I've noticed that they are putting in Motorola XTL mobiles in their cruisers and a few of their higher up officers now are carrying Motorola XTS2500's. And almost all of their cruisers have UHF antennas on them.

Sounds like a definite switch over soon to me, especially since WVSP in Beckley use the SIRN already.
 
Top