Added them to the DB. If they become unencrypted just let me know.
If the one Wood County entry in the SIRN database is correct, then those should be Wood County talkgroups.
The 07 talkgroup should be Sheriff's Dispatch, although it shouldn't be encrypted on a permanent basis.
The 17 talkgroup is likely to be another law enforcement talkgroup
It may be anybody's guess on 45.
Having recorded SIRN traffic for the Parkersburg Homecoming over the weekend, I agree that 7117 is another LE talkgroup based on the numbering scheme and the amount of traffic on the group (it was still encrypted, natch). This may be the Parkersburg Police talkgroup I'm looking for.
I'm unsure if 7107 is sheriff dispatch because 154.920 is still used as sheriff dispatch frequency (would they use two?).
7145 saw a little traffic on Friday night, but it was otherwise dead for the weekend.
There was a ton of traffic on TG 7919, which the database shows as a tac group. It was used as a talkaround and coordination TG for LE during the Half-Marathon (it was unencrypted).
Will keep at it and see what turns up ...
If it helps any I can tell you that Greenbriar switched to SIRN but still uses their old analog channels systemwide almost interchangeably. I mean literally one transmission will be on analog and the next on SIRN and they are not simulcasting from everything I can tell. I wonder if they have two radios in their rigs to do that with. One for SIRN and the other for analog stuff. (I know they don't have to have but...)
Dispatch might talk on analog and the unit answer on SRIN and vice a versa.
So they might be using both systems/channels for dispatch.
If it helps any I can tell you that Greenbriar switched to SIRN but still uses their old analog channels systemwide almost interchangeably. I mean literally one transmission will be on analog and the next on SIRN and they are not simulcasting from everything I can tell. I wonder if they have two radios in their rigs to do that with. One for SIRN and the other for analog stuff. (I know they don't have to have but...)
Dispatch might talk on analog and the unit answer on SRIN and vice a versa.
So they might be using both systems/channels for dispatch.
Beckley PD is now fully using SIRN as of 8/28
Also noticed this past Sat that Beckley FD appears to be using SIRN full-time as well with the exception of toning. I still heard the tones on their legacy freq of 154.400
73s
Chad
They switched over 2 days after the police department did, they will still continue to tone on the legacy frequency. The way the EOC does it is they set the tone off on the legacy frequency due to the horrible distortion of the tones on digital, but after the tone goes off they transmit the call on 154.400 and SIRN
Chad,I see they are moving right along then. Maybe one of these days our center (Nicholas Co) will go full-time SIRN but currently there are too many dead spots. Unless it's just me it seems like the Beckley SIRN Site doesn't have much coverage range. Once I start down into Mt Hope Dip on 19 I lose it and since the Pax Site isn't broadcasting Beckley's traffic I'm out of luck
102 appreciate the info and nice to meet you
73s
Chad
Chad,
I usually only listen to the Pax tower and it does gets lots of the Beckley City Police on that tower. Not sure with Beckley Fire. I'm also starting to see some 987x talk groups as well. Beckley tower usually has most of this traffic. I'm hoping to have some time this weekin to listen to more of the traffic to see how well everyones doing.
On another note I have had heard Fayette County Sheriffs using their talkgroup at times for testing. Hopefully they will be going online full time soon.
Jeff
You all should be keeping an ear out for Elgood (Mercer) site. SIRN (not really, Bluefield Area Transit Authority) just filed a construction notification update indicating it has been built. Doesn't mean its online, but means its much closer.
ULS Application - 0006965500 - BLUEFIELD AREA TRANSIT AUTHORITY - Notification
WQVF955 Bluefield Area Transit Authority
461.4125
462.0125
463.3000
463.9625
464.6125
464.9625
Pretty sure it'll be a 2-0xx site.
Mike
Mike I look and found Flat Top reports a neighbor 2-039 CC 462.0125 but its not showing on Beckley or Kopperston. I hope this helps for now.
Jeff