Sentinel: Sites missing from Sentinel, but appearing on Web?

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
I am looking at this system: Mobile Relay Associates SoCal NEXEDGE Digital Network Trunking System, Multiple, California

This is a multi-county system with 30+ sites listed when viewing the URL above, however, not all sites appear in Sentinel. For example, only about 18 sites show up when viewing the system under "California-Orange" or "California-Los Angeles", and only a handful of those listed appear under "California-Riverside". Sites do NOT appear to be grouped by their geography (LA-area sites in the LA County section) and there are several sites that do not appear anywhere in Sentinel, Sierra Peak for example. (yes, HPDB has been refreshed and shows "current") .

There are a ton of multi-county, multi-site systems that do not have this issue. Any idea why this one is different, and how I can get the complete inventory of sites in Sentinel, and eventually, to the scanner?

Please move this to a more appropriate forum if the answer isn't DB related! Thanks!

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
Looking at that system, and looking at another NexEdge system I'm familiar with that uses dynamic addressing, it appears that Uniden's import from the RRDB API doesn't like LCN's above 1023 and thus will not import into the Sentinel DB (but with dynamic addressing, leaving the LCN as 0 works as intended, since the frequency is sent OTA in the control channel messages)

By comparing the system I've contributed to, the system as a whole doesn't appear in Sentinel since all the frequencies have been populated with the correct Channel Assignments.

Looking at Mobile Relay's system, and using the Hollywood site for example, in RRDB it shows the following:

CH IDFrequency
34664508.325c

But if I look at Sentinel, I only see:

1707282069862.png

Again, this aligns with the issue with the Channel ID being higher that what Sentinel supports.

This would be a Uniden problem, but I'm not sure if @JoeBearcat is aware of it (Joe, if you're reading this, the Baylor Scott & White Health system in the DFW area doesn't appear to import into Sentinel at all for the same reason, and I helped to populate it out so you and your team have something close by to troubleshoot with but it's likely something as simple as "if system type = NXDN and LCN > 1023, import but set LCN = 0")

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
Ah - that seems 100% logical. Thank you! And I'll ping @JoeBearcat again just to let him know my fingers are crossed for a fix!

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
@JoeBearcat Just pinging you again to see if there's an update on this? Would be REALLY helpful to have fixed. Thank you!