SLC TRS AC33 Needs Some Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
2,286
Reaction score
2
Location
Kearns, Utah
I have been looking at the AC33 system in SLC and have some questions that I hope someone can answer. Three frequencies that show in the Db are 866.0750, 866.3500, and 867.2500 which are clearly in the area of the 800 MHz spectrum that is supposed to be abandoned for Nextel. Yet all of our information seems to agree that SLC is not required to reband and the AC33 system does have an abundance of frequencies below the threshold. How do we check the status of these questionable frequencies?

Another question I have concerns the call sign(s) shown in the RR Db for the AC33 system. Of the call signs the Db lists this is what I have found by doing a search on the FCC Internet site:

  1. WPKH278 has been cancelled.
  2. WQBT332 now belongs to Nextel.
  3. WQHP636 has expired.
  4. WQHQ334 has expired.
  5. WQBM266 is active.
  6. WNYR765 is active.
  7. WQIF282 is active.
Also, WQBI350 at the airport TRS has expired, but I have not had a chance yet to review all of their licenses.

I'm also wondering why we do not get a map when clicking on the Site 001 link in the AC33 Db.

Now that the "devastating" rebanding of UCAN systems is finished, for the most part, we need to start paying attention to some of these other systems. gldavis has been doing quite a bit of that already as has N7YUO, bchris, and KT7L, but the rest of our members in the SLC area should now be able to turn their resources to these other systems.

AC33 is one system that has been sorely ignored and yet it is the one system that legacy scanners can listen to without all the hoopla of upgrading. We need to bring it up to date.
 

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
929
Reaction score
228
Location
Moab, Utah
Could someone run trunker on AC33 and see what voice frequencies are currently in use?

-Tim
 

jjwhite29

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 12, 2008
Messages
220
Reaction score
10
Location
Philipsburg, Montana
Slc Ac33 Vc

Voice channels I got when I ran trunker
LCN
219 856.4875
238 856.9625
249 857.2375
259 857.4875
289 858.2375
318 858.9625
329 859.2325
330 859.2625
358 859.9625
369 860.2375
 

kf7yn

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 20, 2002
Messages
643
Reaction score
10
Location
West Jordan, UT
Brent none of the 866 and 867 MHz freqs are in use on AC33.

Salt Lake City held a large pool of frequencies that was formerly divided between three trunked systems, SLC PD/Fire, SLC PW and SL Int Airport. SLC decided to combine most of the users of the former three trunked systems and had enough frequencies that did not need to be rebanded. Very smart move on their part and lucky for legacy scanner listeners.

I'm in Long Beach today, next stop Honolulu.
 

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
929
Reaction score
228
Location
Moab, Utah
Okay, I deleted the 866+ MHz frequencies from the DB. Are there really four control channels in use?

Brent, where did you get so many licenses? We need to check which active license(s) match the frequencies that are in use. (Though I've found many expired licenses still in use, including the one for Solitude Ski Resort that I added to SLCo Business yesterday.)

-Tim
 

qlajlu

Silent Key
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
2,286
Reaction score
2
Location
Kearns, Utah
Voice channels I got when I ran trunker
LCN
219 856.4875
238 856.9625
249 857.2375
259 857.4875
289 858.2375
318 858.9625
329 859.2325
330 859.2625
358 859.9625
369 860.2375
Thank you, jj. This has brought some more discrepancies to light. The Db shows two voice frequencies that do not show in your list (855.2375 and 857.7625) and your list shows one that does not show in the Db (859.2325 - I believe this to be a false reading of a frequency since a search of the FCC does not return a user of this specific frequency). As I recall, AC33 runs a 4-frequency rotating CC, changing every 24 hours, so I would like to see UniTrunker run for several days to identify the CCs as well.

Since the frequencies on the Airport TRS (SysID 3521) are part of the SLC frequency pool, we should probably also run UniTrunker on that system to identify the frequencies it uses. I know it also uses a 4-frequency rotating CC, so it might take several days to identify all of the frequencies including CCs.
Brent none of the 866 and 867 MHz freqs are in use on AC33.

Salt Lake City held a large pool of frequencies that was formerly divided between three trunked systems, SLC PD/Fire, SLC PW and SL Int Airport. SLC decided to combine most of the users of the former three trunked systems and had enough frequencies that did not need to be rebanded. Very smart move on their part and lucky for legacy scanner listeners.

I'm in Long Beach today, next stop Honolulu.
Thanks for that information, Jon. I hope your trip is a safe one. We'll see you next year, but be sure to check in when you dock and leave us some of your guidance.
Brent, where did you get so many licenses?
Tim, I found those call signs here by running a search of 860.2625 which is listed in the Db as the first CC.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top