SOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny37

Central just announced that Citywide-1 will be Manhattan Comms and Citywide-2 will be Brooklyn Comms. Hopefully that’ll clear up the air for New York’s finest.

Groeteschele

New York City Police are the best police in America. New York City do not need National Guard unlike Ohio National Guard who shot and kill unarmed Kent State College student in the head and kill him. New York City Police proved they can clear violent crowds of bad people at Wall Street protest march in short order until the Supreme Court actually put a reputation damaging restraining order on them when hoodlums made a park near Wall Street into a trouble making radical bum camp and wouldn't leave. Mayor Giuliani and Mayor Bloomberg good mayors and knew to let New York City Police do what they are best at. Restoring order very quickly without using tazers, stun guns, rubber bullets, tear gas and wooden bullets and other police gadgets that replace the make of a man set loose to restore order. Police nightstick always was New York City Police best weapon many years ago. A good crack on the head the best incentive to not go home but to get the Hell away from here. Ha ha. If Mayor Giuliani or Mayor Bloomberg were in power now the only air mail the radio would say is the swing of New York City Police nightstick coming down on skull of hoodlum not obeying order to leave and burning and looting things they don't need. New York City Police also know to burn their vehicles is nothing to kill bums and arsonist over. They are just cars. They also know that their profession is not easy when bad guys shoot them, hit them and run them over. Occupational hazard and that's what sets them apart from other less trained, less tolerant and less dedicated police forces in America. New York City Police rarely pull their guns and shoot people but when they do it's been proven to be well deserved and for that they will every bodys heros. Thank you.

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
Just heard "suck my d***" over citywide-1....yeah encryption is gonna be here soon

BK87

TMZ and Buzzfeed reported a clip from Brodcastify of CW1 where someone said over the radio “run them over, shoot those mofos” referring to protests. Then another cop said “Don’t put that over the air.” There are two very real possibilities: immature, unprofessional cops or radio interference.

nulltrope

Premium Subscriber
I'm currently listening to CW1 and keep hearing someone (I think command?) say "officers check your portables ...(open carry?)" followed by some sort of loud chirp. Does anyone know what this means? Google didn't turn up anything

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
I'm currently listening to CW1 and keep hearing someone (I think command?) say "officers check your portables ...(open carry?)" followed by some sort of loud chirp. Does anyone know what this means? Google didn't turn up anything

The person telling people to check their portables is Central (Dispatcher) open carrier means the push to talk is being pressed, and it is keying the repeater. The loud chirp at the end is MDC1200 signaling which is muted at the voter.

BK87

CW2 is being paralyzed with open carrier but it sounds like malicious activity to me.

ff026

Feed Provider
I have chosen to temporarily keep the SOD feed offline, here is the status message I have displaying on the feed:

Due to the ongoing civil unrest in the 5 boroughs, this feed will remain offline. Due to possible groups using this feed for nefarious purposes I have chosen this course of action.

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
I have chosen to temporarily keep the SOD feed offline, here is the status message I have displaying on the feed:

Due to the ongoing civil unrest in the 5 boroughs, this feed will remain offline. Due to possible groups using this feed for nefarious purposes I have chosen this course of action.

I don’t blame you. Good on you

Danny37

Much respect to you!

KC2GSP

I remember during past, high profile protests, the unmistakable sound of cheapy $20 Chinese baofeng or wouxon roger beeps and clowns jamming the airwaves. It's going to inevitably go the way many enthusiast listeners fear

ansky

I wish all online scanner broadcasts were shut down. That is what has ultimately killed the hobby in my opinion. Scanning is a niche hobby and for decades we were able to stay under the radar. Now anyone with a smartphone can be a scanner listener, not to mention the media replaying recorded broadcasts.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I wish all online scanner broadcasts were shut down. That is what has ultimately killed the hobby in my opinion. Scanning is a niche hobby and for decades we were able to stay under the radar. Now anyone with a smartphone can be a scanner listener, not to mention the media replaying recorded broadcasts.

That and the crap chinese radiosthat one can by from amazon for 25 bucks...

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
That and the crap chinese radiosthat one can by from amazon for 25 bucks...

I wonder if privatizing the RadioReference database to users would help that at all...I'm sure the frequencies are out there on other places but I think that a lot of people get the info off here

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I wonder if privatizing the RadioReference database to users would help that at all...I'm sure the frequencies are out there on other places but I think that a lot of people get the info off here

I don't think you would see that happen, nor do I think it will work even if it did. Even though there are some restricted sytems in the DB that you can't publicy see but can still download from the DB..

k2hz

Database Admin
That and the crap chinese radios that one can by from amazon for 25 bucks...
That is the source of most of the harassment and false calls that plague all critical radio services since that crap became available. The FCC originally ignored and even approved these radios with FPP capability to operate on Public Safety, Marine and Aviation frequencies although prohibited in the Rules. Enforcement of marketing of this crap has been weak to non-existent. No need to steal a radio to cause havoc when you can buy one on eBay or Amazon for a few bucks that you can program to target any communications system.

Status
Not open for further replies.