Some kind of jammer on 222.35mhz? W Central PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

fire42man

So after getting a new scanner for X-Mas, I discovered what seems like a jammer on 222.35 while I was doing a search on the HAM bands. It sounds like somebody singing while overloading a microphone, with lots of echoed noises in the background. There would be a short period of transmitted silence, followed by a loud ding. I did get a video of it that I'll upload when I have the chance. So what could it be? I believe the signal might be coming from Beaver county, since it does seem to be in that range.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Analog cable leakage maybe?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Asides from a wireless mic (did not think of that one) analog CATV leakage makes the most sense.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Wireless mic could be left on. Do any DF on the signal?

W2NJS

Any thing is possible, of course, but in all my years in the pro sound business I never saw or heard of a wireless mic system on 222 mHz. Almost everything else but not there.

fire42man

I tuned in to the frequency again today, and it seems to be some sort of gospel station, although I didn't find anything matching the noise on FM radio or TV.

joen7xxx

Contact your local ARRL Official Observer or Section Manager. Your SM's contact information can be found at arrl.org.

fineshot1

I tuned in to the frequency again today, and it seems to be some sort of gospel station, although I didn't find anything matching the noise on FM radio or TV.

It sounds like front end overload from a strong local station in your receiver.

You never mentioned what model scanner. Most scanner receivers have
little selectivity due to the wide band nature of all the bands they are
supposed to receive.

Have you tried tuning around the fm and am bands to see if you can identify
which station audio you are receiving? Your receiver may also be be being
overloaded by a studio link transmitter.

fire42man

I'm using a PRO-163, with best signals from my homebrew dipole. I haven't yet checked the AM bands, but when I get the chance I believe I'll find it on an AM station. I don't know of any studios nearby, or any radio towers for at least ten miles away.

devildogusmc4

Jammer Idea

I live in Butler County and alot of frequencies are being disoriented. Im pretty sure it might be the Natural gas companies like REX, XTO, and Atlas because of all of their satellites on the trailers and on the rigs. it's not your scanner, it's their signals interfering.

Status
Not open for further replies.