South Sound 911 system issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I recently did the recent firmware update for my 436hp...and Now all of a sudden it's having a hard time locking onto towers for the SS911 system. I'm in the Gig Harbor area and the Tacoma tower is always the primary, but now it seems to be dropping signal constantly, and not staying on any towrer for more than a sec..and searching for all towers...any one else having issues? As of a week ago, everything was running smoothly and I wasn't having any issues. Just wondering if I need to adjust settings or something. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

freqseeker

Hi all, I recently did the recent firmware update for my 436hp...and Now all of a sudden it's having a hard time locking onto towers for the SS911 system. I'm in the Gig Harbor area and the Tacoma tower is always the primary, but now it seems to be dropping signal constantly, and not staying on any towrer for more than a sec..and searching for all towers...any one else having issues? As of a week ago, everything was running smoothly and I wasn't having any issues. Just wondering if I need to adjust settings or something. Any help would be appreciated.

This system doesn't receive very well at my location (Federal Way). I just tried to monitor it and as usual the signal is weak on the Tacoma site. No hits after about ten minutes of monitoring using BCD536HP. I haven't monitored this site in quite awhile.
You mention you applied the the recent firmware. What version are you running? There was a squelch problem that they took down and reverted back to 1.14.00 but it had a different version number. I'm running the latest 1.17.00 that was released yesterday (Friday).

Vince.

I believe the update was the 1.16 version. I'll definitely try the 1.17 one and see if it helps. Just weird that the Tacoma tower is so weak now

freqseeker

The 1.16 version fixed the squelch problem. It doesn't hurt to be at the latest version. It was just a thought. Let us know if things change, the resent weather change may have some impact.

Vince.

The 1.16 version fixed the squelch problem. It doesn't hurt to be at the latest version. It was just a thought. Let us know if things change, the resent weather change may have some impact.

Vince.
Just did the 1.17 update, seems to be back to normal now. I did notice it show it searches for all towers as a norm but alot quicker than before. Thanks for all the imput

Status
Not open for further replies.