Speaker stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
When you are plugged into the jack and carefully move the plug around does the plastic shell inside the radio move? Plugs are never a tight fit so the plug will have some movement, but the shell of the connector inside should not. Movement of the connector shell suggests one or more leads of the connector have broken away from the PCB. As a handheld I am assuming the connector is PCB mounted and only poking thru a hole in the case. You might find the pushing the plug in one direction makes a connection and other directions it does not. Purpose is to isolate problem to the connector which is generally and easier fix than PCB components.

I have has some luck with intermittent 3.5mm connectors using Isopropyl Alcohol 90% on q-tips that most of the cotton has been removed from the end. Always a chance the lent could get hung up inside and make it worst.

Good Luck, keep us posted if you have any success.
Mike

Mike

wtp

time for a new radio

use computer speakers on it and make it a base.
then go out and get a new radio.
problem solved.

mule1075

Feed Provider
use computer speakers on it and make it a base.
then go out and get a new radio.
problem solved.
Really a lot of ppl can't just go out and buy a new radio.Not to bust balls but that is not a solution to the problem.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

wtp

well

he did mention about getting an exact replacement, that would be a hint he might.
i am always looking for an excuse to buy another radio, this would be one.
he could solder in another jack, and hopefully not damage anything.
i have told this to many here who sent in their radio for $70 and got it back and it still would cut out.
they had the speaker replaced as everyone told them. so spending $5 at a garage sale to buy used computer speakers seems cheaper.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Yeah I currently don't have the money to drop on a new scanner. Maybe later this year. Until then I swapped it out with my PRO-651 which was providing a feed. The 325P2 seems to bring a lot of background noise with it on the feed, still trying to clean it up but not having much luck. Could just be from the USB audio card I'm using.

Status
Not open for further replies.