St Clair County IL

catbird

Premium Subscriber
Regarding the St Clair County O`Fallon/Fairview Heights remote scanner over IP feed.
Can anyone in the IL Metro East area provide any information on the unit IDs for OFPD and FHPD?
FHPD units seem to be 1xx and others 21xx.
OFPD units seem to be xx and others xxx.
Any clarification would be appreciated.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
I really don't have an answer, except....

1xxx could just be the 21xx abbreviated???
XX and xxx are just badge numbers, and numbers have just gradually gotten higher?

I can't usually pick-up 359 from my home area, so I can't really listen.

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
Most of the larger munis have lower numbers like you are observing. Some assign them as they are hired so low numbers like a 2 digit is someone who has been there awhile. O'Fallon use to call their officers "ocean units", East St. Louis is/was "Edward units", Alorton was "Adam" you get the picture. Cahokia use to be called "Charles units". One Cahokia officer that came over when they merged with Centreville is "Charles 5" because his Centreville PD number was "5" he still calls over the radio like this.

Occasionally if they go to another department, they keep part of their number. For example if an officer was at Cahokia and was 117, and they go to say Fairview, they might keep that DSN if it's available or he/she might become 217 or 317. If they go to a smaller muni they might get the agencies 2 number identifier plus 17 like 6017 (Millstadt). I've been listening to this county for a long time, I know when officer's move by their voice and they're somewhat similar DSN/ID.

Fun fact, most, but not all St. Clair county PD units first 2 digits is the last 2 digits of that cities zip code. 39xx: Dupo (62239), 40xx: East Carondelet (62240), 60xx: Millstadt (62260) etc

Check the wiki and maybe help update it as you hear units.

catbird

Premium Subscriber
Most of the larger munis have lower numbers like you are observing. Some assign them as they are hired so low numbers like a 2 digit is someone who has been there awhile. O'Fallon use to call their officers "ocean units", East St. Louis is/was "Edward units", Alorton was "Adam" you get the picture. Cahokia use to be called "Charles units". One Cahokia officer that came over when they merged with Centreville is "Charles 5" because his Centreville PD number was "5" he still calls over the radio like this.

Occasionally if they go to another department, they keep part of their number. For example if an officer was at Cahokia and was 117, and they go to say Fairview, they might keep that DSN if it's available or he/she might become 217 or 317. If they go to a smaller muni they might get the agencies 2 number identifier plus 17 like 6017 (Millstadt). I've been listening to this county for a long time, I know when officer's move by their voice and they're somewhat similar DSN/ID.

Fun fact, most, but not all St. Clair county PD units first 2 digits is the last 2 digits of that cities zip code. 39xx: Dupo (62239), 40xx: East Carondelet (62240), 60xx: Millstadt (62260) etc

Check the wiki and maybe help update it as you hear units.
Thank you for the information.
Fairview Heights units seem to be 21xx and 31xx units and Supervisors 71xx units.