Starcom21 Offical thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
They're back on TDMA, it would appear.

There was a problem with some APX radios shutting down/rebooting, that happened around the same time NWCD went FDMA, perhaps it just took this long to get the radios fixed. Just speculation.

That would make sense. I moved last month, so I can't check Unitrunker to confirm. Had a feeling it wouldn't be permanent though. I also thought I saw a post somewhere that said Motorola sent out an update to subscriber units sometime last week. Probably unrelated, but it's possible that fixed it.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Logged an IDoT D2 radio flipping through talkgroups the other day ... The "D2 Local" groups looks like they will include 3733 - 3742 (I would assume 3731 and 3732 also)

I think this is IDOT judging from the traffic I'm hearing,

Talkgroups 3734, 3735,3736 and 3737.

tg3736 " truck is fixed"
tg 3735 " Rock Island 1 to Silvis yard"

n9zas

tg3736 " truck is fixed"

n9zas

I belive you are correct about IDOT. I have not heard these talkgroups but on our IDOT for D4 they say the samething. I hear "Peoria 1 or Morton 1".

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Looks like TG 3735 might be Rock Island and Silvis Yards - they're both in Rock Island County. I've added this to the subcategory notes for IDOT District 2 in the Radio Reference SC21 database, time will tell if this is the case.

tg3736 " truck is fixed"

n9zas

menkes

I heard two "new" TG on the Kane site 1179 with Huntley FD setting up an LZ for a helio, for a motorcycle accident. That was Sunday evening. Heard it again last nite, ambulance call.
The other was 18 ,it was ENC

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I also have heard the 1179 TG - T126-Kane Co for Huntly FD, there not very busy. The TG 18 is I believe a Starcom tech and there ENC.....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Im hearing TG3785 on T113-Will Co which is a patch to Starcom from the Will Co EDACS for "East Dispatch " 0n the EDACS system TG 04-021.....

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hearing TG 30304 today, periodically mentioning a semi rollover with haz mat and referring to I-80. I'm guessing this is a training exercise at this point.

n9zas

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Today on T113-Will Co IDOT was simulcasting on TG1405 the freqys of 453.1875 and 453.2375.....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I did not say Huntley was "ENC" , they have been in the clear from the start, its the Starcom tech with TG18 that's "ENC"....Maybe the way I wrote it sounded that way.....

MikeyC

Hearing TG 30304 today, periodically mentioning a semi rollover with haz mat and referring to I-80. I'm guessing this is a training exercise at this point.

There was a semi rollover with a hazmzat incident on the 13th. Henry County was using ITTF Region 2B for some communications with command at the scene. I saw pictures somewhere of crash and there was a UCP RV deployed as well.

Trucker hurt as tanker crashes on Interstate 80 - LaSalle News Tribune - LaSalle, IL

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Is that D7, T117 Rock Island, that's stretching my listening power....I can hear D17 Lasalle on T125-Grundy and T113-Will Co and sometimes D7 chimes in on TG9015.....

I wanted to see if anybody caught talkgroup 5576 earlier this week. I catched it but I dont remember what it said. Could not find it in the database. Could someone help me identify this talkgroup. Thank you.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Lake County IL SC21 Issues?

Hi all... anyone besides me (especially those in Lake County... N9JIG?) having problems receiving SC21 lately? I've had a directional antenna pointed towards the Long Grove (Lake Zurich) tower for the last six months with rock solid signals and 95% good copy... until Tuesday when it all went to hell in a hand-basket.

Switched to a back-of-set antenna Tuesday night (after trying the Fox Lake tower; no joy there) and it was better, then Wednesday morning back to the directional and rock solid again... until today.

Now I'm aimed at the Libertyville tower and getting about 80% good copy (although I'm also hearing the subscribers asking for more repeats that usual too). Yes, I've tried toggling the attenuator off/on.

Wondering if SC21 in Lake County is undergoing maintenance or having other issues.

Hi all... anyone besides me (especially those in Lake County... N9JIG?) having problems receiving SC21 lately? I've had a directional antenna pointed towards the Long Grove (Lake Zurich) tower for the last six months with rock solid signals and 95% good copy... until Tuesday when it all went to hell in a hand-basket.

Switched to a back-of-set antenna Tuesday night (after trying the Fox Lake tower; no joy there) and it was better, then Wednesday morning back to the directional and rock solid again... until today.

Now I'm aimed at the Libertyville tower and getting about 80% good copy (although I'm also hearing the subscribers asking for more repeats that usual too). Yes, I've tried toggling the attenuator off/on.

Wondering if SC21 in Lake County is undergoing maintenance or having other issues.

I know I am not in Lake county like you want but I am not seeing any of the towers you mentioned in the database :confused:. Are you talking about this tower? Starcom21 down here in Central IL sounds clear and good to me.

1 (1) 008 (8) Lake County Simulcast Lake 851.46250a 852.46250 852.93750a 853.98750 854.03750 855.23750c

Last edited:

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, I mis-spoke... it's Lake Villa, not Fox Lake (right on the border) and Hawthorn Woods (Ela Township), not Long Grove. Yes, that's the correct site.

Anyway, I got my answer from a dispatcher with Wauconda PD: "They're putting in a North Barrington tower (enhancing tower) and things have been working crazy. Hopefully they will balance the system and will have things up to par soon."

Sorry, I mis-spoke... it's Lake Villa, not Fox Lake (right on the border) and Hawthorn Woods (Ela Township), not Long Grove. Yes, that's the correct site.

Anyway, I got my answer from a dispatcher with Wauconda PD: "They're putting in a North Barrington tower (enhancing tower) and things have been working crazy. Hopefully they will balance the system and will have things up to par soon."

I am glad you got your answer you wanted :D. I was going to say since it is a simulcast tower is why you are haveing a hard time copying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.