Stark County Ohio

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

That was a single analog repeater in Carroll Co
a. In no way would that provide coverage for their service area
b. license is expired, repeater hasn't been online in ages to my knowledge
c. they would never go back to analog (they need encryption)
d. If they changed to DMR or P25 or something else, with encryption, they still don't have the coverage
d. others have already confirmed with people they knew at EMT, who stated that EMT is using a Push-to-Talk solution on their phones

You should visit EMTs website and see for yourself what their coverage area is. It's pretty much from Youngstown south to Belmont Co. that's why they were on MARCS. And naturally, if they were to leave MARCS (and they have), they would require something that provided similar coverage + ENC. Thus their push-to-talk solution that they are using.

Mike

Hrcobb26

Premium Subscriber
What MotorTRBO system are you referring to? EMT has facilities up and down eastern Ohio and in Northern Panhandle of WV. The only MotoTRBO system to cover the majority of that area is TriConnex. I parked on various TriConnex sites all day, and there was no sign of EMT (or any new unknown encrypted talkgroups).

So if they went to a MotoTrbo system, it'd be nice if you would share what MotoTrbo system you believe that to be.

No sign of them on MARCS today. And historically, both EMT MARCS talkgroups were very active, especially on MARCS sites in Stark / Carroll / Harrison Cos.
Like i said, i am not familiar with MotorTRBO so i am not sure what system they are on exactly. I was told this by someone that works for them. i have tried reading on it a little but still trying to understand it.

captmud

I believe EMT inc. And Stark summit have switch from the MARCS system to the Mototrbo DMR system. Anyone know more about this and if you’re able to monitor them? I’m not familiar with DMR systems. I know their Marcs channels were encrypted.
theyhave not. They still have Marcs but have swicthed to talk radio