State Core...what is it?

WPU850

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
So I keep hearing about this State Core, and I am a little confused. Is it the same thing as the CLMRN? Or is it different? The way some people talk about it makes it sound like it's the same thing as CLMRN -- but the other way I've heard it is it's like the interoperability channels like UASI, and then the third thing is it's like a list of statewide talk groups on CLMRN that, when accessed, can be patched together/cross-patched to patch two typically non communicating services together

Can anyone provide clarity in as much detail as possible as to what this is?

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
So I keep hearing about this State Core, and I am a little confused. Is it the same thing as the CLMRN? Or is it different? The way some people talk about it makes it sound like it's the same thing as CLMRN -- but the other way I've heard it is it's like the interoperability channels like UASI, and then the third thing is it's like a list of statewide talk groups on CLMRN that, when accessed, can be patched together/cross-patched to patch two typically non communicating services together

Can anyone provide clarity in as much detail as possible as to what this is?
a trunking system, such as the clmrn, has a core which is the "brain" of the whole system, everything is tied back into that, rf sites, console sites, etc.

Kitn1mcc

Premium Subscriber
some towns have purchased there own cores like cromwell and it will not talk with the state core

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
from what i heard it cant. Non motorola
P25 systems of different manufacturers can absolutely be linked over ISSI; that was the entire point of the standard being written. Motorola's ASTRO 25 documentation provides guidance on linking with non-MSI systems, and from time to time they issue fixes/patches that address any issues that arise from connecting with other manufacturer's systems. Whatever you heard was wrong.

APX7500X2

its what i was told. also its not even trunked it just digital conventional
Plenty of systems across the country that are VHF/UHF/700/800 Trunk & conventional all using the same core with Motorola, Harris, Johnson, Avtech, Zetron and Telex all in the mix, and with subscribers from 4 or 5 different radio companies.

From what I'm told since NorcomCT is now completely in charge of the CLMRN, you have to beg them to get radios and permission to be on the system (Then you still wait 6 months to a year) you are most likely going to see mostly Motorola

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
When did NorComm take over CLMRN?
Good Question! Sidenote; I noticed NorComCT is out of Hathaway drive in Stratford, a stones' throw from Comtronics on Honeyspot Rd. Interestingly enough, they are Moto dealers too. It's like having 2 of the same retail stores only a few blocks apart... :unsure:

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
Not all dealers carry all lines.
From the Motorola Solutions website, they are Professional and Commercial Radio level, not the Mission Critical Radio Systems level. You could get a Motorola DMR radio for your business but not a P25 radio.

Each of our channel partners has experience in one or several of our product portfolios:
PartnerEmpower Segments
Corresponding Section Names
Business Radios

Analog - Two-way radios for on-site business users
Professional and Commercial Radios
Analog licensed two-way radioshttps://www.motorolasolutions.com/e...ios/analog-business-radios/mobile-radios.html
DMR (MOTOTRBO) Radios
Mission Critical Radio Systems
P25 Private Mobile Radio

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Not all dealers carry all lines.
From the Motorola Solutions website, they are Professional and Commercial Radio level, not the Mission Critical Radio Systems level. You could get a Motorola DMR radio for your business but not a P25 radio.

Each of our channel partners has experience in one or several of our product portfolios:
PartnerEmpower Segments
Corresponding Section Names
Business Radios

Analog - Two-way radios for on-site business users
Professional and Commercial Radios
Analog licensed two-way radiosTwo-Way Business Radios - Motorola Solutions
DMR (MOTOTRBO) Radios
Mission Critical Radio Systems
P25 Private Mobile Radio
Got it! I did not know that.....Thanks for the info, very interesting....

smartconnect

Plenty of systems across the country that are VHF/UHF/700/800 Trunk & conventional all using the same core with Motorola, Harris, Johnson, Avtech, Zetron and Telex all in the mix, and with subscribers from 4 or 5 different radio companies.

From what I'm told since NorcomCT is now completely in charge of the CLMRN, you have to beg them to get radios and permission to be on the system (Then you still wait 6 months to a year) you are most likely going to see mostly Motorola
Norcom wishes they ran CLMRN. Still an open P25 system… ran by CTS (Connecticut Telecommunications System) under DESPP.