State TN system

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Does the Madisonville site have activity yet? Been sitting on it and have not heard anything.
What are the most active sites right now? I need to do some testing.

SCPD

QRT
Currently on site 2-023 no digital control channel on the air on 770.03125c
I am hearing what sound to be analog control channels on the other 4 frequencies of this site at the same time.

Can anyone else confirm this?

SCPD

QRT
System was in F/S mode. Techs were here yesterday correcting the problem. Techs also just finished up installing and testing dispatch consoles

SCPD

QRT
TG-1 mobile & base console units testing. Possible Dade Co Sheriffs {GA}

Results: Very poor, field unit is advising he has to key up about 4 or 5 times before he is able to transmit. Mobile unit at times is unable to hear base or comes in broken even though both units sound fine on my end through the simulcast tower.

Our tax dollars at work, my buddies P25 repeater {1 tower} works in 8 + counties including GA, and AL. And these guys cant even get this $$$ System to work With all of these towers everywhere! haha

What a joke !

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Yeah, but ...

TG-1 has techs testing range on a mobile & base console

Results: Very poor, field tech is advising he has to key up about 4 or 5 times before he is able to transmit. Mobile unit at times is unable to hear base or comes in broken even though both units sound fine on my end through the simulcast tower.

Our tax dollars at work, my buddies P25 repeater {1 tower} works in 8 + counties. And these guys cant even get this $$$ System to work in Hamilton County ! haha

What a joke !

What freq is your buddies P25 at? I'll be it's VHF.
I just think it's a total sinkhole of taxpayer money to try to implement voice communications at 700-800 mhz where there are mountains and valleys. No matter what the mode, FM, P25, OpenSky, whatever.

SCPD

QRT
What freq is your buddies P25 at? I'll be it's VHF.
I just think it's a total sinkhole of taxpayer money to try to implement voice communications at 700-800 mhz where there are mountains and valleys. No matter what the mode, FM, P25, OpenSky, whatever.

yep. VHF

SCPD

QRT
TG-7016 Unknown Law Enforcement Agency. Confirmed either PD or SO and are currently using it as a car-car channel.

123easy

Whole lot of nothing on this link….. State TN system? Looks like more of just the east side of the state nothing about the west side of the state or any build out information.

SCPD

QRT
You wont have anything in your area for years to come...Just like every other State that builds a Statewide system. Takes time and more money then budgeted. Nothing new there.

WX4MST

OK i got to ask, are you all talking about the Tennessee Valley Regional Telecommunications System or a state system? If this is a different system what are the frequencies? I have looked around and have not found any info on a state system.

Thanks for your help!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
The TVRTRS is the first phase of the TN ststewide system. For the ones constantly dissing and hating on it.. Get over it. Its happening, deal with it. 700 MHz is working fine. 800 MHz is working fine. The world is not failing.

n4yek

OK i got to ask, are you all talking about the Tennessee Valley Regional Telecommunications System or a state system? If this is a different system what are the frequencies? I have looked around and have not found any info on a state system.

Thanks for your help!

It is currently listed under Hamilton County and not under a state-wide system yet. Here is the link to the database on the system:
Tennessee Valley Regional Telecommunications System Trunking System, Varies, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

DougSmith823

The TVRTRS is the first phase of the TN ststewide system. For the ones constantly dissing and hating on it.. Get over it. Its happening, deal with it. 700 MHz is working fine. 800 MHz is working fine. The world is not failing.

You on someones payroll to be promoting something that obviously took millions of dollars to build and yet it only half way works?

n4yek

You on someones payroll to be promoting something that obviously took millions of dollars to build and yet it only half way works?

You don't have to be on any payroll to state the obvious, as for it only working half way? No, it is just starting and is no where near being half way done.
Things like this are built in phases, and it is just now in Phase 1 of the project with much, much more to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.