Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdmonitor

Yeah been monitoring since I was 11 years old. First major aviation thing I monitored was the National Airlines hijacking back in 1972 at KPHL. Had borrowed an airband radio from a classmate - whose uncle just happened to be the Station Manager for National at Philadelphia. So my timing was good and things kind of took off from there. I guess after 53 years - the ears and the mind learn to only listen to the good stuff on the radios...(and the wife too) !!
Terry,

Next week is our 53rd anniversary and wife has always accused me of having "selective hearing" I think she's right

jsoergel

Premium Subscriber
Terry,

Are NJ F-16s still using their 140 MHz freqs? The DC ANG don't use them much at all.In last month or so I've only heard them use their 139-143 MHZ freqs once.

As F-16s get dual-UHF upgrades, they move to those new frequencies. However, most F-16Ds aren’t getting the new radio - so they still have to use VHF tactical frequencies. In my area, I can always tell when Toledo is flying their D model because they will use VHF comms for that flight.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Rare odd cargo jet today for quick cargo drop at Newark KEWR.
N209TR Boeing 727-223F showing N209TR operating as Jet West.
Must have been a rush cargo job from the West Coast.

Not much color to it.. Spooky Cargo carrier?

mdmonitor

For you NJ guys,

Have any of you plotted the VHF ARTCC freq sequence for WRI tankers leaving KWRI?

Was curious about the route to the south toward DE/MD and for those heading west over Philly out to Harrisburg area.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
914th ARW, Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station, N.Y. now fully operational

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
There is a lot of cargo being moved around the world. Airbus A350-1000 can hold a lot.

And another example
An international cargo plane arrived at the Rickenbacker International Airport with 2.85 million surgical masks, 18,650 gowns, 170,000 N-95 respirators and 11.8 million gloves to be distributed nationwide in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. The delivery is part of a FEMA air bridge to bring supplies, such as N-95 respirators, surgical masks, gloves and gowns to battle COVID-19. FEMA continues to schedule flights to bring supplies to the hardest hit areas.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Mark

Here is one article

Terry
Good articles Terry and NIGAW .. Yeah saw interview with AMC General on 18th AF facebook page and he was asked about
why the AMC is not needed so much except for those Italy to Memphis flights which he said were at 8 so far
and maybe a couple more next week. He didn't want to answer why those flights were such USAF only AMC priority missions.
He mentioned USTRANSCOM has been handing out the contract bids and private carriers been bidding them all on
so real need for active AMC carriers overall.No shortage in the private cargo carriers so far :)

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
2200z PITT-40 inbound McGuire C-17 #01-0194 was last Month 445AW Ohio tail so maybe Pitt crew borrowed
or now with 911AW Pittsburgh ANG.
Mentions they have 22 pax and at WH briefing tonight was mentioned Fort Dix would be a staging area for
incoming Mil Med folks for NY/NJ areas.
Pittsburgh area has lots of Med folks and haven't heard much COV-19 news from that area recently.

Last edited:

jaymatt1978

What alpha-tag label do you have for 339.7250??
There were fighters on 339.725 so I'm guessing that's why there was a tanker (62-3580) orbiting off NJ. There was also some brief comms on Warren Grove range 283.1
There were also active on 288.0 which seems to be an AR freq used almost daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.