Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirScan

Premium Subscriber
It was new for us planespotters around here a few months ago, we thought it was some fighter jet when talking to ATC.

Actually now that I think about I had heard the GHOST callsign before. I even posted about it in last years thread. D'oh. I wonder if it's a cross-country callsign used for other missions besides the usual Grimm and Oswego ? I was going to check the LiveATC archives but they appear to be down this morning.

etr37

Premium Subscriber
Sorry if this is routine, as I said, just getting back into the hobby and never did listen to ATC much, was always more interested in RR comms and local public safety - but, am now a first time homeowner in the next town over, and our house just so happens to be pretty much right under "KILMA".

"GLARE08" (79-23256) has been circling over Lakehurst for sometime now, shows as the Golden Knights plane on jetphotos.com

In addition, once I do get a scanner back up and running, I understand it depends on antenna height, local topo, etc., but does anyone have any idea on what kind of range of reception I could get? I understand that higher altitude planes can be heard for hundreds of miles, but I'm thinking more in the sub 10,000' range (traffic related to KWRI, again, inexperienced in scanning ATC).

Status
Not open for further replies.