Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Now there's an LCK, K35R, NICE 20 off MCF. For a CAP or DRAGO 53-63 ? Still haven't heard from DRAGO 51 yet.
ADSB-X
Looks like GASPR72 holding up in Alabama maybe for DRAGO-51
There was a B-1 on the ground yesterday at MacDill so expect him up soon. DRAGO-52?
DRAGO-52 wants to go down to 6k? Sounds odd. Now all headed down to 6k.. Must be flyover soon.
1640 DRAGO-51 now in the area.. Maybe GASPR-72 holding in Bama for Bombers egress after flyover.

Last edited:

AirScan

Premium Subscriber
There was a B-1 on the ground yesterday at MacDill so expect him up soon. DRAGO-52?

DRAGO 52 has been AR with GASPR 71 since 15:50 maybe that's the B-2, if the B-1 is still on the ground ?

Reconrider

Inside the Galaxy
So I got my dpd antenna. I live in a brick house so I want to get it near to a window as possible and maybe outside the window if possible.
What kind of nmo mount do you suggest to hang outside/inside of the window?(I currently have the mag mount but want to screw it to the window frame)

hill

Premium Subscriber
Any NMO mount isn't going to work to well without being mounted on some kind of metal. Maybe your window frame is metal, since this type of antenna needs it to form the ground plane of it.

If you are using a base antenna something a discone antenna would be better.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
In the morning, AF1 will depart Wilmington, Delaware en route ADW.

8:25 AM THE PRESIDENT departs New Castle Air National Guard Base en route Joint Base Andrews
9:20 AM THE PRESIDENT departs Joint Base Andrews en route the White House

Yocuz

Premium Subscriber
CAP closed down for the evening at 17:47 EST

I thought the NOTAM TFR stated until 08 Feb 2021.

Forgive my ignorance, I figured the CAP was up the whole time POTUS would be in DE. So units are on ALERT to scramble in case of an unauthorized aircraft in the restricted air space?

mdmonitor

Saw flyover on TV--neat looking formation but was a bit too dark to see them clearly.

The following was posted on another list by a guy in Illinois

The B-2’s usually make a day of it when doing a fly over and may be up for hours. The B-52’s flew from Minot AFB ND and the B-1s from Ellsworth AFB SD. I was tracking B-52’s on Mode S and B-1s may have been with them. Flew to Kansas City and made an east turn then straight down I-70 flying over Arrowhead stadium where Chiefs play. My brother lives in KC and I let him know when they were close and he heard them go over. I had them on UHF in St. Louis area and then the B-52’s again when they flew home.

reconrider8

So stupid question. But why are the bomber bases in the Midwest and west nut none on the east coast? My first guess would be we are covered by our allies to our east since China and nk are to our west bit I figured I would ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.