Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdmonitor

1525 PAAF-214 finally on ZDC 127.700.. slow going 45 minutes from offshore Southern Long Island.
Cleared down to 8k seems direct Baltimore. Like following a Piper Cub it is so slow.
Mark

He just checked in w/Potomac (119.7) at BWI.

I was out cleaning snow/ice off my cars and he flew in right over us on his way in.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
1242 - GIANT8369 calling KDOV command post on Victor (134.1 AM). No luck, sounds as though WRI might have replied to relay the message.

Not showing on ADSB.
Rgr heard GIANT aka Atlas Air ask McGuire 134.100 to relay for them that they were inbound.
For a while back in 2017 when Dover was busy with Atlas Air flights Atlas (GIANT) had their own Ops freq at Dover of 131.825.
Haven't heard that freq active in a while.. Replaced in my rotation another dead freq.. Andrews 283.750 JOSA A/A.. Anyone remember that freq? :)

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Mark

I remember the JOSA freq. Actually had a couple of hits on it years ago. The JOSA C-21s were quite active.
Funny Ron as was surfing the old 2006 Sticky Milair II. Was a busy thread back then with Alan (Tinear) leading the way.
No mode s back then only local radio Intel,internet intel,visual intel and guessing... BM,Freqhop,and others I forgot also in there..
Sticky Thread for MilAir II | RadioReference.com Forums

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Is Alan still around? I bought a Pro-2042 from him years ago and still use it! Haven't seen or heard from him in quite some time.
I dont think he is around anymore.. Remember one of his last posts years ago he was in bad health
and said looked like his radio days were over soon.. Like he got some bad medical news.. Was sad to hear that.
His full name was Alan Colicchio I think..

Last edited:

mdmonitor

I dont think he is around anymore.. Remember one of his last posts years ago he was in bad health
and said looked like his radio days were over soon.. Like he got some bad medical news.. Was sad to hear that.

Guys,

I talked with Tinear about 18 months ago. He was living in the area, but as you said, was not in good health.

jetcrafter

Premium Subscriber
His full name was Alan Colicchio I think..
Coccio if I recall. You were close Mark. A wealth of knowledge and always appreciated his help.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Coccio if I recall. You were close Mark. A wealth of knowledge and always appreciated his help.
Neat sorting thru those old logs.. CRAB C-130J's from Maryland,,, A-10's into Willow Grove NAS,
Langley getting their F-22's working offshore to get certified.. Potus CAPs in Texas. Andrews F-16 using BUDMAN callsign :)
F-22s at Langley receive FOC status (f-16.net)

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Rgr was just gonna post that story.. Sad.
Alabama military plane crash leaves 2 dead | Fox News
Watching ADSBX sure is lots of Winter training down South from Texas to Florida panhandle.

RCH724T C-17 96-0002 heading South from Andrews towards Florida..
RCH724T dropping down in SC.

Neat pic of ex-Andrews Reserve VAQ-209 Star Warriors now E-18Gs Wash State based leading photo op off Key West.
Thats how they keep veteran pilots in the Navy/USAF during the winter.
Check Out This Rare Formation Of Navy Reserve Fighters Over Gorgeous Key West (thedrive.com)

Last edited:

mdmonitor

Neat sorting thru those old logs.. CRAB C-130J's from Maryland,,, A-10's into Willow Grove NAS,
Langley getting their F-22's working offshore to get certified.. Potus CAPs in Texas. Andrews F-16 using BUDMAN callsign :)
F-22s at Langley receive FOC status (f-16.net)
Mark,

Yea, it was good listening then. MD ANG & PA ANG A-10s using LVHF 30-50MHz like crazy. Good old Crab C-130s then they switched over to C-27J Spartans for awhile. Langley F-15s, North Dakota (NODAK) F-16s TDY to Langley. MAPLE VT ANG F-16s TDY to Langley.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Once again 3 Charleston C-17's and 1 McGuire C-17 to Dyess scheduled via Space A board for Sunday.
Maybe free of ice by then.... Sure pushing back the B-1 deployments to Norway

Last edited:

AirScan

Premium Subscriber
SPUR 70, K35R 57-1506, off IAB heading northeast. Staging for the B-1s after last weeks false alarm or is there another CAP coming up ?

SPUR 70

Last edited:

Tech792

Premium Subscriber
Mark,

Yea, it was good listening then. MD ANG & PA ANG A-10s using LVHF 30-50MHz like crazy. Good old Crab C-130s then they switched over to C-27J Spartans for awhile. Langley F-15s, North Dakota (NODAK) F-16s TDY to Langley. MAPLE VT ANG F-16s TDY to Langley.
The A-10s out of Barnes and Bradley used low band a lot back then also. (When Barnes had A-10s) I use to see them fly overhead en route to the Warren Grove range in southern NJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.