Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
363.9 was active @ 9:47 local, too brief for me to id but has been used sometimes in past CAPs by NOBLEs

I will load that one in the scan - I loaded 293.300 earlier which appears to be active with NOBLE 01 and 02 on their way home.

Loading 285.450 Washington Center since that is the freq used when NOBLE 01/02 left the CAP. More activity on a quiet day. Or maybe not - sounds like local interference on that frequency. I locked it out for now.

Last edited:

PMSCAN

Premium Subscriber
1040- Navy 37 & 376 south of Cleveland at FL410. Looks like they are heading towards you Chuck(NODAK) in Detroit.
Ron:
Navy 377 and 376 flew over me here in Grand Rapids. Just heard them on Live ATC clear for landing Appleton (KATW).
Tried to search UHF for Air to air ... no joy ... assume Gulfstreams have UHF?

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
I grabbed some information off the internet for DME / TACAN data since we heard that mentioned in the CAP tranmissions.

So when the tanker mentions they are using 34Y (34 YANKEE) you can see what frequency they are on. The system is basically for navigation and location services - the tanker and the fighter can see each other without having their radar active. There is no voice tranmissions associated with the channel - just data pulses as shown in the columns.

Terry

Attachments

• DME TACAN Data.pdf
    704.1 KB · Views: 13

Mark

Premium Subscriber
TEFLON-35 racetrack pattern really getting larger or shifting Southwest... Out to Maryland down Eastern shore a bit then turn NE over Dover.
NOBLE-21 next up inbound to CAP.. NOBLE-11 flight getting their last tanking.
NOBLE-11 said earlier we don't have any anti icing capability so need to stay above FL240.
How they gonna chase a wayward Cessna down to 5k? Lucky for them little chance of that in this rainy wx.

Last edited:

radiolan

I grabbed some information off the internet for DME / TACAN data since we heard that mentioned in the CAP tranmissions.

So when the tanker mentions they are using 34Y (34 YANKEE) you can see what frequency they are on. The system is basically for navigation and location services - the tanker and the fighter can see each other without having their radar active. There is no voice tranmissions associated with the channel - just data pulses as shown in the columns.

Terry

wow Thanks Terry. Did a bit of research earlier and came across the necessary data to come up with those frequencies, albeit the long-hand method. The chart gives the freq. easily. The 2.5us x 2 pulses per transmission are quite short but will give it a look at as the the tanker comes close to my location to see if I can see those blips.

oops ! your chart shows 36us pulse width as opposed to the 2us which the article I read indicated.

Last edited:

mdmonitor

Ron:
Navy 377 and 376 flew over me here in Grand Rapids. Just heard them on Live ATC clear for landing Appleton (KATW).
Tried to search UHF for Air to air ... no joy ... assume Gulfstreams have UHF?

I've not been able to nail down and VHF/UHF freqs they use for A-A. One would think they would have used an A-A as they were in very close formation. Any Idea why they would be going to Appleton?

mdmonitor

1345- Teflon 36 (KC-135R # 58-0045 AE058F) just west of Harrisburg PA working way into CAP. Working ZNY Harrisburg (133.475). Advises Harrisburg that they already have contact w/Huntress.

1350- Gump 03 (C-130 # 89-9103 AE02C7) transiting area heading southwest. Departed from Westover AFB MA.

1414- Navy 377 on approach to ADW. Short trip to Wisconsin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.