Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
I've tried setting up a feed to share with friends in IL and WA, but I can only get to work on my LAN. I'm not sure what I'm doing when it comes to router and firewall setup. Maybe you could help me with that? Router is a Motorola DOCSIS 3.0/AC1600.

I had the same issue......make sure the computer that the feed is setup on...is set to allow that port to be open. I had set the scanner IP internal address and port as the connection point but it needed to be the computer internal IP address that needs that port open. Once I did that it worked fine.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
I had the same issue......make sure the computer that the feed is setup on...is set to allow that port to be open. I had set the scanner IP internal address and port as the connection point but it needed to be the computer internal IP address that needs that port open. Once I did that it worked fine.
I run a Echolink computer/radio for my local Ham club repeater and to make it work have to go into
Port Forwarding on the Cable company Modem Advanced menu and manually type/allow that specific IP address radio data to go out.
Not sure if that is the same problem you have but it won't work without it here.

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Sunday Potus CAP setting up.. TEFLON-34 KC-135 63-8013 Ohio ANG and NOBLE 01,02
Boom freq today is 311.300. Gonna be a long rainy day for all.

Feed updated with new refueling freq of 311.300 and possible fighter air/air of 293.300

Also for audio portion you need to click the play button and set the timing for 17 seconds to best sync the audio with the visual portion of the scanner being displayed

Attachments

• Settings.JPG
    Settings.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Terry, heard reference to yankee 96 as well earlier.

also, Teflon 34 was 'on-screen' for a bit however haven't seen it for awhile.

Jack - not sure about "on screen" do you mean the frequency displayed on the scanner ? When I am programming the freqs in the scanner - the display moves off the scan. Let me know if you meant something else.

radiolan

Jack - not sure about "on screen" do you mean the frequency displayed on the scanner ? When I am programming the freqs in the scanner - the display moves off the scan. Let me know if you meant something else.

PlanePlotter. Will DM re: PP a bit later (mode A/C)

BM82557

It is tracking well in adsb exchange .... and is tracking on my basestation ADS-B screen.

Yesterday and this morning the tanker became visible on ADSB Exchange when it arrived in the vicinity of Philadelphia. Once it and the fighters are established it is switched off. When a replacement tanker arrives the departing tanker switches back on. This was also observed during the CAP earlier this month. There are exceptions to this behavior as sometimes incoming tankers are visible as soon as they are airborne enroute to the CAP (either Guard Dog or Delaware)

ra7850

Premium Subscriber
I've tried setting up a feed to share with friends in IL and WA, but I can only get to work on my LAN. I'm not sure what I'm doing when it comes to router and firewall setup. Maybe you could help me with that? Router is a Motorola DOCSIS 3.0/AC1600.
If your'e interested I can help you remotely to get this working.

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
They're active ! conversation about breakfast cereal withou a spoon and all. 311.3 boom

Very low volume of radio traffic. I am monitoring it direct from Villas and when the radios talk here - the PA site is active as well. I put in 293.300 as a possible air/air and am monitoring 225-380 for other possible activity. Just a slow day I guess.

Tech792

Premium Subscriber
0937- Looks like one of the CAP fighters is showing intermittently on TIS-B. Had this also occur during a few Trump CAPs last year.
Showing HEX 278137 showing a generic plane symbol intermittently, FL 260, speed 391 knots

Status
Not open for further replies.