Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetcrafter

Premium Subscriber
1721 - DEUCE 41 flight up on 228.275 for me.
1724 - DEUCE 41 flight checking on ZBW (279.500) (42 is 3nm in trail) In the block FL270-280.
1725 - No joy, going to get VHF and drop “Red River from Comm 2”
1727 - DEUCE 41 switching to 127.375
1729 - DEUCE 42 having major radio issues, 41 will pass any info from ZBW onto them. (228.275)
1730 - COMM 1 & 2 working fine, COMM 3 & 4 inoperable (228.275)
1740 - Target info passed around
Thanks GriffissSpotter! Good logs!

I have them loud and clear now. They just pushed 3318.5 kHz on HF and I heard them do a radio check and then contacted someone else but I didn't catch the name. Couldn't get that hooked up to record so I can't review details. :-(

2213z 228.725 They're still trying to resolve comms issues. They said they couldn't make contact on HF but I can confirm their HF radio was working fine because I heard them check in with each other.
2220z 368.500 DUECE 41 trying to contact Moncton Center. Comms are weak but readable here. Worse that the other flights.
2226z 3318.5 kHz DUECE 41 trying multiple radio checks.

Last edited:

jetcrafter

Premium Subscriber
2226z 3318.5 kHz DUECE 41 trying multiple radio checks.
Was able to get a small recording using my phone. After listening through some noise is sure sounded like DUECE 41 was calling HYDRA COMM. Controller for Halifax Warning Areas???

In checking my logs from Tuesday, HYDRA was referenced then too. My guess is the controller in the exercise area.

Last edited:

yow777

After listening through some noise is sure sounded like DUECE 41 was calling HYDRA COMM. Controller for Halifax Warning Areas???
I recorded the below on 3318.5 kHz. Sounds like it could be HYDRA TALK? or maybe HYDRA TOP?

Mark

Premium Subscriber
I recorded the below on 3318.5 kHz. Sounds like it could be HYDRA TALK? or maybe HYDRA TOP?

Nice catches guys.. Sounded like Hydra Talk to me :)
That freq is just below the 80 meter Ham band which is 3.5to 4.0.
Was that in USB or LSB?

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
AIR FORCE TWO and media plane SAM 850 return to Washington from a visit to the Coast.
Nothing shows you care more about Earth Day then flying multiple Govt aircraft back and forth
over the entire USA. :(
I will believe in massive climate change when the Pols and celebrities start selling their beach front houses LOL.

1935 local had private aircraft on 122.950 inbound Philly area says wants to get pax before TFR starts up later.
AF-1 looks just off ground in Seattle so gonna be a while :)

wbagley

Premium Subscriber
This does look like a runway, not a taxiway (in the news everything's a runway or the tarmac ;)) where AF1 is parked in Seattle. You can see the rubber deposits in the touchdown zone and the transverse grooving on the concrete.

The President is boarding through the plane's own airstairs which is not the usual method.

Biden Security AF1.JPGAF1 SEA.JPG

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
2049- DEUCE 41 from ZQM to ZBW 269.300
Buffs doing SW for NYC area and should be L+C here soon.
Maybe last day of drills up there so want NYC night view on way back going to FL360 :)
2145 Buffs A/A 228.275 with GS of 406 talking about slowing it down a bit direct Barksdale.
"Distance from KBAD 1,040 miles." I think that is from Barksdale? Dropping in altitude to FL 280.
2152 DUECE-41 reports FL260 on ZNY 323.300. Seem headed to Harrisburg
2154 DUECE 42 reports FL 280 on 323.300.DUECE 42 seems to be the one showing on ADSBX

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Buffs doing SW for NYC area and should be L+C here soon.
Maybe last day of drills up there so want NYC night view on way back going to FL360 :)
2145 Buffs A/A 228.275 with GS of 406 talking about slowing it down a bit direct Barksdale.
"Distance from KBAD 1,040 miles." I think that is from Barksdale? Dropping in altitude to FL 280.
2152 DUECE-41 reports FL260 on ZNY 323.300. Seem headed to Harrisburg
2154 DUECE 42 reports FL 280 on 323.300.DUECE 42 seems to be the one showing on ADSBX
2208 local DUECE 41 req uniform freq on 323.300 sw to ZDC 227.125 fading fast here at that low altitude out towards W Va.

2215 McGuire A/A 143.825 asking about when will they be up..If we make it back by 2330 will that be ok?
Nothing showing ADSB yet.
2230 local both aircraft A/A 143.825 short count off 1 and 2 but nothing showing yet

Last edited:

wbagley

Premium Subscriber
Glad someone on ground didn't get trigger happy and shoot missile at the Army guys :)Capitol Police quote: "Nobody told us about a parachute show"Thats our DC for you. Prob busy watching reruns of Red Dawn LOL

An update in this FAA Twitter reply to newsman Chad Pergram.

A) FAA: The FAA’s initial review of the circumstances surrounding Wednesday night’s parachute demonstration by the U.S. Army Golden Knights at Nationals Park showed that we did not provide advance notification of this event to the U.S. Capitol Police.

B) FAA: We deeply regret that we contributed to a precautionary evacuation of the Capitol complex and apologize for the disruption and fear experienced by those who work there.

C) FAA: We value our partnership with the U.S. Capitol Police and other law enforcement agencies, and we are taking immediate steps to ensure that we always coordinate well in advance with other agencies to avoid confusion over future aviation events in the Washington, D.C., area

D) FAA: The FAA is continuing to review all aspects of this incident, and we will work with our partners in law enforcement and on Capitol Hill to share further information and take any additional steps necessary to prevent such incidents from occurring in the future.

(1) Chad Pergram on Twitter: "A) FAA: The FAA’s initial review of the circumstances surrounding Wednesday night’s parachute demonstration by the U.S. Army Golden Knights at Nationals Park showed that we did not provide advance notification of this event to the U.S. Capitol Police." / Twitter

Wonder if the FAA will blame it on the summer intern like the NTSB did with the infamous release of the Asiana 214 SFO accident crew names?

The National Transportation Safety Board apologizes for inaccurate and offensive names that were mistakenly confirmed as those of the pilots of Asiana flight 214, which crashed at San Francisco International Airport on July 6.

Earlier today, in response to an inquiry from a media outlet, a summer intern acted outside the scope of his authority when he erroneously confirmed the names of the flight crew on the aircraft.

The NTSB does not release or confirm the names of crewmembers or people involved in transportation accidents to the media. We work hard to ensure that only appropriate factual information regarding an investigation is released and deeply regret today's incident.

Appropriate actions will be taken to ensure that such a serious error is not repeated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.