Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Mark
1455- Tabor 51 working ZDC Atlantic City (281.45) & ZDC Cape Charles (236.825)
Rgr Ron got second group flight of 6 L+C A/A 297.900
1505 "Kitty Hawk is off our left side at 79 miles" :)

1513 local a KC-`135 out of MacDill coming North along coast #62-3564 as FIAT-11
going to Pease on ACARS.

Last edited:

ra7850

Premium Subscriber

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Its highly doubtful they will ever leave Okinawa. I spent 4 years there working on the F15. They are the deterrent for North Korea, and China. They used to sit active alert, 24x7x365 at Osan AB, South Korea as well.
Robert
I don't get having 54 F-35A's gathering snow in Eielson Alaska. Russia couldn't bring half that many aircraft over the Arctic
even if they wanted to.Shift a squadron from there as well as new F-15EX's hopefully to come :)
Have heard F-15C pilots around here saying how they got smoked by F-35's in Red/Blue drills. A bit of hype in that article.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Philly trip for POTUS tomorrow evening...

5:30 PM THE PRESIDENT departs New Castle, Delaware en route Philadelphia, Pennsylvania from Delaware Air National Guard Base
5:45 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia International Airport
7:00 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE VICE PRESIDENT deliver remarks at a reception at Philadelphia Convention Center
8:40 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Philadelphia, Pennsylvania en route New Castle, Delaware, Philadelphia International Airport
8:55 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives in New Castle, Delaware at Delaware Air National Guard Base

JetWash

The NFDD isn’t done yet with updates to ZDC, published Thursday and effective Friday October 28:

GREEN BAY, VA, RCAG:
132.025 HIGH, 269.4 HIGH, and 290.425 HIGH ARE ALL DELETED. None of them appeared on charts. (132.025 and 290.425 were added at the Lawrenceville, VA, RCAG in the NFDD back on October 19.)

LYNCHBURG, VA:
133.575 and 270.35 are STILL IN USE, BUT ARE NOW HIGH ALTITUDE

ROANOKE, VA:
134.625 HIGH and 377.2 HIGH ARE DELETED. No mention of replacements.

SOUTH BOSTON, VA:
307.0 LOW is DELETED
352.0 is ADDED. Both WILL appear on charts.
The NFDD and NOTAMs only mention RCAGs, not sector names or numbers. That's why there are no sectors mentioned.

Radar412

Premium Subscriber
split between Berkeley Springs, WV & Wyoming
Had two consecutive good afternoons and evenings at the MRB airport watching the ANG C-17s (callsign DECOY) shoot T&G and practice dark-field landings and takeoffs. After dark, when the field is generally not very active with general aviation flights, the tower will stay open after 1900L to play games with the ANG jets. They can take off, go outside the pattern while squawking VFR, turn 360s, come back across the midfield, circle into the pattern and plunk down for a quickie landing just like they were landing at an improvised field and dodging AA. A pickup truck (callsign AIRFIELD ONE) works with them and I believe he puts out temporary flares or lights to simulate a short field. I haven't figured out that part of the routine yet. Tuesdays are the best days to be there but Wednesday was good for the night action last night. Good place to be close to the Air Force's heavy metal. Monitor command post PIKESIDE on UHF and the tower and ground control on VHF.
Where do you sit to watch? I'm in Berkeley Springs, sounds like a doable trip.

N4TX

Scanning since the age of crystal scanners.
Premium Subscriber
Where do you sit to watch? I'm in Berkeley Springs, sounds like a doable trip.
Park on the south side of the field between the terminal and the AvGas pumps. That puts you at midfield and directly across the runway from the C-17 parking. You see everything. On the ANG side of the field you can’t see much.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
OCTOBER 28, 2022

At 1:50 PM ET, the Vice President will depart Washington, D.C. en route to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. This departure from Joint Base Andrews and arrival at Philadelphia International Airport.

At 9:25 PM ET, the Vice President will depart Philadelphia, Pennsylvania en route to Washington, D.C. This departure from Philadelphia International Airport.

BM82557

Park on the south side of the field between the terminal and the AvGas pumps. That puts you at midfield and directly across the runway from the C-17 parking. You see everything. On the ANG side of the field you can’t see much.

That's my preferred location also --

Screenshot - 10_28_2022 , 7_12_56 AM.pngScreenshot - 10_28_2022 , 7_10_20 AM.png

N4TX

Scanning since the age of crystal scanners.
Premium Subscriber
I didn't know MRB was so popular, but it is a fun place. If you follow the parking instructions above, you'll be adjacent to the Crosswinds Cafe and, luckily, the restrooms in the terminal. The cafe is a sandwich shop but a very nice one and you can't beat the view. The terminal and cafe (and therefore the restrooms) are locked at 6pm and the night C-17 flights have been starting soon thereafter. As I said before, Tuesday seems to be a good day for this, although Wednesday worked this week, too. Nothing much happens on the weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.