Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radar412

Premium Subscriber
split between Berkeley Springs, WV & Wyoming
I didn't know MRB was so popular, but it is a fun place. If you follow the parking instructions above, you'll be adjacent to the Crosswinds Cafe and, luckily, the restrooms in the terminal. The cafe is a sandwich shop but a very nice one and you can't beat the view. The terminal and cafe (and therefore the restrooms) are locked at 6pm and the night C-17 flights have been starting soon thereafter. As I said before, Tuesday seems to be a good day for this, although Wednesday worked this week, too. Nothing much happens on the weekends.
Great info, thanks for the diagram and overhead. I've always wanted to go sit down there but didn't realize you could get in the south side

wbagley

Premium Subscriber
Here's one that has me scratching my head, periodic data bursts on 225.400 this morning. I've run it through DSDPlus P25, DMR and NXDN decoders but zilch, anyone noticed it before? --
Maybe from GLARE12 out of HGR Sierra Nevada Corporation --

GLARE 12 took off around 8:50 am EDT this morning and is still up if that helps with correlating the data signal.

GLARE 12.jpg

frank3si

We had a KC-46 from the 157th Air Refueling Wing in New Hampshire flying orbits above New Castle for a couple of hours this morning. I only saw two passes where they had customers, but at least the planes were easy to spot as the high clouds were above the 26K feet altitude they maintain. I shot Air Force One/C-32A coming into New Castle last night but as President Biden’s schedule was running late it was full on darkness around 8pm so you really just see the tail and whatever exterior lighting the aircraft had on final approach. I may head over for his New Castle National Guard base departure for Philadelphia at 5:30 this afternoon – does anyone know how the president will travel that short distance?

4301 Edit 1500.jpg

wbagley

Premium Subscriber
I see “NHK80” inbound Quantico on FR24 (data source US/Canada radar). Coming from near PA/MD border (east of Camp David). Anyone know who this is?

The callsign, altitude and speed suggest to me that it was possibly NIGHTHAWK 80, an HMX-1 helo repositioning back to home base at MCAF Quantico.

NHK 80.jpg

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Just got home and CAP still up in the area NOBLE-11,12 with WIDE-21 as tanker on the usual freqs.A/A 267.500

Looking around for JENA aircraft the only ones that are up are JENA-626 GLF5 N708JH departing LaGuardia and
looks headed for Manassas.
JENA-1 B752 N874TW departed San Diego almost home to Richmond airport.No others from earlier time check.
JENA-1 went to San Diego Tuesday.. Some SEAL type training perhaps?

PUDGY-10 KC-46A #20-46072 inbound McGuire.. Another new one.. Only 14 more to go :)

Last edited:

BM82557

Here's one that has me scratching my head, periodic data bursts on 225.400 this morning. I've run it through DSDPlus P25, DMR and NXDN decoders but zilch, anyone noticed it before? --

View attachment 130159

Still receiving this data burst even though GLARE12 landed at HGR about 1:15 pm local, signal strength is fairly strong. Even more interesting is that the HGR tower UHF freq is 225.4 which I had forgotten about until now.

Last edited:

mdmonitor

Just got home and CAP still up in the area NOBLE-11,12 with WIDE-21 as tanker on the usual freqs.A/A 267.500

Looking around for JENA aircraft the only ones that are up are JENA-626 GLF5 N708JH departing LaGuardia and
looks headed for Manassas.
JENA-1 B752 N874TW departed San Diego almost home to Richmond airport.No others from earlier time check.
JENA-1 went to San Diego Tuesday.. Some SEAL type training perhaps?

PUDGY-10 KC-46A #20-46072 inbound McGuire.. Another new one.. Only 14 more to go :)
Mark

Do you have ADS-B ident for the new Pudgy?

Status
Not open for further replies.