Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Busy election week for POTUS, after return from New Mexico and San Diego, and during his coveted weekend off, looks like he is going to New York on Sunday, according to FAA Safety Team Notice.

VIP Movement Notification - Westchester, NY
Notice Number: NOTC2706
November 06, 2022
Westchester, NY
30/10 NMR - 17,999 FT MSL

frank3si

Here's HAGAR70 out of Dover passing by about ten minutes ago. It's not uncommon for the C-5Ms to bank left just beyond New Castle, as this one did, and head up to the Harrisburg/Altoona PA area for a couple of hours. I'll have to keep an eye out for his return, though often as not they fly more toward Elkton MD when heading back to Dover. Beautiful, massive aircraft...

2536 Edit 1500.jpg

etr37

Premium Subscriber
Off topic there was a railroad mishap up on the Strasburg Railroad yesterday just off the Amtrak Keystone line in Paradise Pa
near Lancaster.They have been doing some construction on extending a siding and someone left track switch in wrong position.
Luckily nobody hurt according to reports. Short 10 second vid.
Strasburg Railroad Crash - YouTube

Not to go further off topic, but working in the industry for a few years now, and being a lifelong fan - it was certainly a misaligned switch, but it is on the engineer to always be fully aware of his movement and operation (instead, he was too busy waving to people)
b2b034.png

wx9svr

Premium Subscriber
Two departures from Scott AFB this morning:
• AVALON33 (C-40 #09-0540 $AE503D) to Robins AFB, and
• TRICK88 (C-21 #84-0079 $AE0171) to Pensacola Intl Airport

N4TX

Scanning since the age of crystal scanners.
Premium Subscriber
Decoy 80 shooting T&G and odd maneuvers at MRB after a low pass over my house in WV during his terrain-avoidance exercises. Working MRB tower on VHF. Dodging birds.

His buddy Decoy 99 was up last night and I lost him on ATC. His track later indicated that he had gone out over Lake Erie, probably to practice A2A refueling with a KC-135 tanker out of PIT. The Decoys seem to be having intensive practice flights that make me wonder if they are likely to deploy sometime soon. Much fuel going into the fans.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
More POTUS travel announced for this week after his return from San Diego....

On Friday, November 4, the President will travel to Chicago, Illinois. The President will participate in a political reception.
On Saturday, November 5, the President will deliver remarks at an official event.

This is in addition to the yet unannounced trip to NY on Sunday the 6th.

Hbright

I see 99-0004 appears to be heading back to Andrews after several months at L-3 in Tx. Using callsign SAM449. Reminds me that yesterday all three available C-32s from 1st AS were operationally active yesterday flying SecState, FLOTUS and VP. They’re probably eager to get another plane in service.

jsoergel

Decoy 80 shooting T&G and odd maneuvers at MRB after a low pass over my house in WV during his terrain-avoidance exercises. Working MRB tower on VHF. Dodging birds.

His buddy Decoy 99 was up last night and I lost him on ATC. His track later indicated that he had gone out over Lake Erie, probably to practice A2A refueling with a KC-135 tanker out of PIT. The Decoys seem to be having intensive practice flights that make me wonder if they are likely to deploy sometime soon. Much fuel going into the fans.

C-17 units don't "deploy" in the way we usually think of it, especially ANG/AFRC. Typically, some of the squadron airmen will be reassigned to an expeditionary squadron. The jets have such long legs that they fly direct from their home bases.

Status
Not open for further replies.