Story County programming help???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeno

Hello all,
I understand this is my first post here, but I just bought my first scanner, (Uniden BC346XT) and I think I need some programming help. I'm completely new to all of this, but I've been reading as much as I can and I think I understand the basics of how this system works. Using freescan, I've set up Story county, Ames, and ISU. So far, I've gotten lots of chatter coming from ISU, but nothing from Ames or Story County. I'm sure that I am missing something in the programming, I just don't know what it is. Is there anyone that would be willing to send me a Story County file so I can compare how mine is set up versus the "correct way". Thanks in advance.

iascanguy

I have a Freescan file from my 396XT I can send you. Send me a PM with your email address and I will send it to you.

Donald

Skeeno

One more question. Do you think I would see much improvement in reception by upgrading the antenna? If so, what would be recommended?

iascanguy

One more question. Do you think I would see much improvement in reception by upgrading the antenna? If so, what would be recommended?

I sent the file to both requestors. Skeeno, I get good reception with the stock antenna in Des Moines but I don't usually listen to Story County very often unless I am in the county. You might try programming the control channel in analog mode and listening to see how strong the signal is or just hold on the control channel in trunking mode to see how the different talkgroups sound. Radio Shack makes an 800Mhz antenna that works well and is highly recommended by several people. I use mine when scanning just the local trunked systems.

Donald

Status
Not open for further replies.