Stridsberg Engineering

CKnobb

Premium Subscriber
I ordered a multicoupler from them in late March. As of April 24, I had not received a confirmation of my order, nor any answer to my 4 previous emails. I finally called them on the following Monday morning and had a short, nice conversation with a gentleman there. "Oh yes, I see it right here. It will be going out tomorrow morning". He stated they had gone on backorder and were awaiting supply replenishment. I received the item late last week and it works great. But, having spent my career in customer service at all levels, including upper management, I can attest that CS is severely lacking at Stridsberg these days. A simple email stating the status from them would have sufficed, but alas.

madmax14304

Premium Subscriber
Quite frankly, I think if people want a multi-coupler, now is the time to get them (if you can). I cannot imagine they're going to be in business long considering their recent response times unless they're providing a different experience for commercial clients. What are the alternatives? Digital Loggers used to have a 16-port model but it seems it's no longer available.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Quite frankly, I think if people want a multi-coupler, now is the time to get them (if you can). I cannot imagine they're going to be in business long considering their recent response times unless they're providing a different experience for commercial clients. What are the alternatives? Digital Loggers used to have a 16-port model but it seems it's no longer available.
Possibly they'll be able to hire more help, or partner with some investor, or possibly sell the company to keep it going.

Nascar18

Premium Subscriber
I also placed an order with Stridsberg for a multicoupler on April 13. I waited two weeks before I contacted them. I had read about the family sickness they were dealing with and I placed a phone call to them and spoke to a very nice lady and inquired about my order. She was in the shop helping out and took my info and said she would get the order out next week. I did receive my order and it is working great, Made in USA!

DannyM86

Premium Subscriber
I got mine the other day after ordering it in March. The gentleman I spoke with was very apologetic. Like I said, I have never had issues in the past. I do believe they have issues going on in the background. I would suggest giving them a little more turnaround time.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
After a week with no response, I called again today and got a quick response to my message. Said he was working on a batch of 204MIL's and would ship mine this afternoon. Was apologetic for missing the call and said that he avoided answering the phone with soldering iron in hand. Told me that there had been no back stock on that particular model until today.
I see that Scanner Master has the normal BNC 204's in stock, but I really wanted the one with the RF protection. Glad to see it hopefully working out.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

madmax14304

Premium Subscriber
I received my 204MIL/N today. I ordered it on April-22, and it arrived May-23. I was not in a rush and never called them, but my email went unresponded.

Marcy57

Premium Subscriber
I called when I ordered my Pre-20 (preamp) it took a bit
to get, but they were very cordial on the phone, I checked
up on it and got it soon after ...very well built (solid) and
works great the few days wait was np for me...73,s Marcy

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I received my 204MIL/N today. I ordered it on April-22, and it arrived May-23. I was not in a rush and never called them, but my email went unresponded.
It's better that they spend their time fulfilling orders than responding to inquires, considering their circumstances. (y)

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
I had to call a second time to get mine...about 5 days after he said it would ship. I paid an extra $17 for 2nd-day air, and had it in time for vacation. Appears to perform well, and the build is certainly solid.

CKnobb

Premium Subscriber
At this point, it seems safe to say:

1) Place your order with confidence. The build quality is exceptional
2) Be patient. They seem busy and it's a very small operation
3) When ordering, understand you may be waiting 4-6 weeks for delivery, but you will receive your order
4) Understand there is no communication from Stridsberg other than the initial order automatic email confirmation

Basically, top notch product performance with non existent customer service and communication skills.

Knowing what I know now, I would definitely order again.