Subaru Impreza Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

radmanrugg

Like your install. I have a Uniden BCT8 curently. I have ordered a BCT15 but have since figured out that my state is going to digital and that I need the BCD996T. I will have to exchange them. ARGH

dash.jpg

Note that I set it back behind the face plate to avoid cutting. I was thinking of eventually putting a car PC below it (see MP3car.com) and putting a swing out display in front of the double din location. Ahh to dream. A bit of a future project that is.

Note that I cut a hole in the top of the pocket hole just below the scanner for speaker. I am looking for a remote speaker that will be self powered off the Uniden but am now waiting on the new scanner to decide what I want to do. Any suggestions for remote speakers?

I also did the tap into the AM/FM antenna. Good enough for the local 800MHz trunked analog stuff. State patrol or most other local PDs in the state are going digital in a hurry. I will see when the digital scanner goes in if I need a better antenna.

The stereo is a Nakamichi.

I was hoping the new unidens would be more red. To match my gauge cluster a bit better. I will see when it gets here.

Scott

Last edited:

dropkick

I used a cheapy external speaker. It has a high/low switch and noise reduction button. But it's no-name and I haven't been able to find one like it since. I got a cheapy one for the D700 but its unecessarily big even with the extra space under the seat. Still looking for a better one for that.

My 996T is more red than amber. Best described as deep orange... The JVC buttons are true red at night but its a good compliment. Of course the rest of the dash is green. Which do I want it to match tonight? :D

What kind of floor mats are those?

radmanrugg said:
Note that I cut a hole in the top of the pocket hole just below the scanner for speaker. I am looking for a remote speaker that will be self powered off the Uniden but am now waiting on the new scanner to decide what I want to do. Any suggestions for remote speakers?

. . .

I was hoping the new unidens would be more red. To match my gauge cluster a bit better. I will see when it gets here.

Scott

dropkick

My next question is where do I put my new ScanGauge II??? I'm running out of room :D The spot above the driver-only airvent is earmarked for a Nuvi down the road... (Yeah I know, these aren't radios!)

Nice mats... look much better than the subaru ones which I wore a hole thru in one month! Grrr...

joshuadenny

I hope this doesnt come across as stupid, but did you remove the console faceplate to do these? I thought about trying to pop it off to give myself more room to work with. I've got a hard plastic bracket sitting in the top of the 2 slots that I may have to just snap to remove, but oh well. any advice there?

Love the car...I was hoping that you split your outside antenna for the radio and used it for the scanner as well, STEALTH is always choice and a sleeper too!!!lol....
Freaking awesome scanner and place you put it as well....
Did you install your self, and where is the sound coming thru ? What do you haver as and antenna

Maybe your radio had a aux input for scanner sound?!?!?

radmanrugg

joshuadenny said:
I hope this doesnt come across as stupid, but did you remove the console faceplate to do these? I thought about trying to pop it off to give myself more room to work with. I've got a hard plastic bracket sitting in the top of the 2 slots that I may have to just snap to remove, but oh well. any advice there?
pop out the cup holder. you should see a way to remove that. once thats out you can get your fingers in behind the radio / air control bezzel. its just snapped in there. mine was hard the first time I had it out. once you get it out a little bit you can work your fingers or other soft object down the sides to pop it down its length. once the bezzel is off you can remove the double dinn holder via 4 screws (2 per side some recessed more than others). The blank you have will come off the double dinn cage at that point.

DBennett

OH I miss the days of being able to listen to SB 6/7 and 9, now it's system 1 for me

Attachments

• IMG_2340sm.jpg
    IMG_2340sm.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 782

mandlair

great install and i must say subaru is radio and scanner friendly.that should make their sales go up for that alone.besides being a good a vehicle already. Mike

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Extremly nice install guys. It'd sure be nice if more people took pride in their work like you obviously do.

Status
Not open for further replies.