Submitting Updated System Data, clarification request

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
So I decided to do some "social distancing" by taking some vacation days to visit family and go on a "fox hunt" for a large Connect Plus System that stretches parts of 3 states. What was previously submitted in the RRDB is missing quite a bit of data, and through research in the FCC licenses, and now 5 days and 1,500 miles driven, I have a lot of data to update (according to the company that built out the system's website for commercial use, it is 50+ sites, and RRDB has less than 30 of those).

I was able to visit a number of areas and sort out the existing "unknowns", but it ended up with a few things that I wanted clarification on before I submit these changes to the DB Admins.

1. This is going to be a huge update, as even the existing sites have bad location information (many are set to county center, instead of the site, and I have site location details). Is it better to submit it in smaller chunks of a few sites at a time?

2. I have several sites that I have confirmed a frequency (because there was a control channel or other carrier that I could obtain a color code on), but was not able to get the LCN for that frequency. Should those frequencies be submitted with LCN 0 or should they be relegated to the Wiki page I will be building (the system doesn't have a Wiki page today).

3. Similarly, how should a frequency where I have a confirmed LCN, but have not confirmed the color code be submitted?

4. Finally, I had one site that I was able to get a Site ID, but due to distance was not able to confirm any frequencies (I was on the fringe of its range in a very hilly area) before the signal was lost, again, should that site be relegated to the Wiki only, or would the 4 frequencies from the FCC license be submitted?

Below is an example of what I am creating for submitting of one of the sites that has the issues outlined in questions 2 and 3, I would appreciate the feedback on if this is workable or if I should do something better.

Code:
Site Number 006:
Site Description:        Leavenworth
Site County Location:    Leavenworth, KS
Site Location:        16601 Shawnee Rd, Leavenworth
Latitude:            N 39.31694
Longitude:            W -94.96219
Range:            25 Miles
Site FCC Licenses: WPDV739, WPPU691
LCN    Frequency    Color Code
01    462.1375    1
02    461.0750    1
03    461.2250    1
04    461.7750    1
05    461.4750    1
06    463.2125   
00    451.5000    1
00    462.1625    2
00    464.0750    1
Thanks if advance for any feedback you can provide.

mciupa

Submit only your complete data for the database. Other valuable information that is incomplete should go to the Wiki page for that system.

Your formatting is perfect. I wish all followed your example.

Status
Not open for further replies.