Summit PD & FD Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murenovich

Not the Flatlands, Not the Mountains in NJ
I have submitted updates for the database this morning for Summit PD & FD. As of some point today they will be changing over to a Digital System. It is conventional and non-encrypted. They will be utilizing existing frequencies as well as adding a few channels.

Testing has been completed and the system has good coverage in southern Morris and north Union counties as well as northeastern Somerset county.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
are all these active:?

476.16250 WQDR764 RM 908 NAC PD 1 Disp Police Dispatch P25 Law Dispatch
476.03750 WQDR764 RM 808 NAC PD 2 Tac Police Tactical P25 Law Tac
476.18750 WQDR764 RM 908 NAC PD Interops Police Interops P25 Interop

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Is this plan going to remain exclusively Summit, or might it at some point become a unified plan for Mountain Valley?

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
how do these Summit police radio ID assignments work? 18 papa 56? 18 papa 129?

18 is Summit's municipality code in the county (their state municipality code is 2018). Papa for Patrol?? 56 and 129 for shield number??

Another identifier included a valid shield number I know is working tonight, but that might be a coincidence.

richee2000

18 is Summit's municipality code in the county (their state municipality code is 2018). Papa for Patrol?? 18 and 129 for shield number??

Another identifier included a valid shield number I know is working tonight, but that might be a coincidence.

Murenovich?
Were these identifiers always used? Or are they new

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

npd155

Were these identifiers always used? Or are they new

Union County has always had agency numbers. They go from 100 - 2400. The county's number is 2400. Examples: Linden is 700's Rahway is 800's Clark is 900's. Some agencies just don't use them anymore.

richee2000

Union County has always had agency numbers. They go from 100 - 2400. The county's number is 2400. Examples: Linden is 700's Rahway is 800's Clark is 900's. Some agencies just don't use them anymore.
Yes I know that. My question was.. did Summit Police use these same radio unit identifiers when addressing their police units when they were analog?

npd155

Yes I know that. My question was.. did Summit Police use these same radio unit identifiers when addressing their police units when they were analog?

Oh sorry.. yes to answer the question they did something funky.... they say 18 for there ORI plus P "papa" for patrol and then the badge number...... so "18PAPA120" Its LAPD up there now lol. They changed it a bit from what they use to use

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
So that leads me to believe that the surrounding towns on that Valley system will probably all go digital and also be dispatched by their Town numbers such as 18 for Summit...

Just to be clear, at this point there really is no "system". Mountain Valley Emergency Communications Center is just a unified communications center for Millburn-Short Hills, New Providence, and Summit. It's essentially cooperative shared services. They're still operating on each municipality's individual frequencies.

Hence the query I posed to Murenovich about whether Summit's changes would become a unified plan, to which he answered no for the time being. For what it's worth though, I don't know about MIllburn-Short Hills, but New Providence does have the appropriate equipment at their repeater site to go digital, and has for some time.

Guess we'll see...

richee2000

Just to be clear, at this point there really is no "system". Mountain Valley Emergency Communications Center is just a unified communications center for Millburn-Short Hills, New Providence, and Summit. It's essentially cooperative shared services. They're still operating on each municipality's individual frequencies.

Hence the query I posed to Murenovich about whether Summit's changes would become a unified plan, to which he answered no for the time being. For what it's worth though, I don't know about MIllburn-Short Hills, but New Providence does have the appropriate equipment at their repeater site to go digital, and has for some time.

Guess we'll see...
I just found it interesting that Summit would use a new identifier system when addressing their cars which started with their town code. And this was done upon conversion to digital.

lovescanner

i just bought the uniden bcd325p2 love it

i put in the summit police channels have not heard anything yet they are working?

i am in Elizabeth

Status
Not open for further replies.