• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Swr, Antenna light and linear amp problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckeyerl

The first amendment..please...eliminating a post that deals with illegal activity is not a violation of the first amendment! Remember the classic question, is if a violation of the first amendment to not let someone shout "Fire" in a movie theater? It is not illegal to ask the question in this post, but, radioreference is NOT a government entity! It does not have to cater to this subject! Radioreferece is not, and should not be a free-for-all. If you need further instruction on the first amendment fischlerpromo, please write with your inquiry and I'll do my best to help you out! In the mean time try to remember that:

Tolerence is the virtue of a man who has no convictions!

This activity should not be tolerated by any radio operater!!!
Have a nice day... Ralph

fischlerpromo

I knew a guy right here in the S.F.V. that used a 1000W Amp at home.

He had a darn radio station....I know FM stations here in the Los Angeles that don't put out that many watts.

Eventually they did triangulate on him and smacked his hands.

buckeyerl

Hopefully a huge fine and confiscation of all equipment. I'm sure to many I sound like an ass, some stuck up ham, but, there is a reason for the law. If this individual did things according to the regulations that the rest of LEGAL operators do, he would not be asking this question. Nor would he have described his current station hook up the way it is! Any legal op should have the moral compass to not entertain it by answering (aid and abetting) Very simply, It makes us look awful...........

fischlerpromo

Hopefully a huge fine and confiscation of all equipment. I'm sure to many I sound like an ass, some stuck up ham, but, there is a reason for the law. If this individual did things according to the regulations that the rest of LEGAL operators do, he would not be asking this question. Nor would he have described his current station hook up the way it is! Any legal op should have the moral compass to not entertain it by answering (aid and abetting) Very simply, It makes us look awful...........

Nope, sorry to disappoint you..

Aid and abetting.. what crime? You need to relax, this is information.. no one is making or helping anyone do anything illegal.
Someone asked a question and they deserve an answer, that's what a forum is for.
As long as it does not violate any TOS for this website there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Personally, please do not try to be my moral compass, I do fine just by myself.

Have a great Sunday.

Last edited:

buckeyerl

#5 Content TOS:
RadioReference.com reserves the right to refuse or delete any Content of which it becomes aware and reasonably deems not to fulfill the Purpose. In addition, RadioReference.com shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse or delete any Content that it reasonably considers to violate the Terms or be otherwise illegal.
In case your not aware, connecting an amplifier to a cb radio IS illegal... That makes it a crime. What part of that you don't seem to get is beyond me. Also, I wasn't trying to BE your moral compass. I simply said any operater that HAD a moral compass would not give any guidence on this particular subject.

fischlerpromo

#5 Content TOS:
RadioReference.com reserves the right to refuse or delete any Content of which it becomes aware and reasonably deems not to fulfill the Purpose. In addition, RadioReference.com shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse or delete any Content that it reasonably considers to violate the Terms or be otherwise illegal.
In case your not aware, connecting an amplifier to a cb radio IS illegal... That makes it a crime. What part of that you don't seem to get is beyond me. Also, I wasn't trying to BE your moral compass. I simply said any operater that HAD a moral compass would not give any guidence on this particular subject.

Well since they haven't deleted it they do not consider it a violation of their TOS I guess?
So if it doesn't bother them, I just don't see why you're all up in a tither?

My suggestion is to loosen that top button on your shirt and just relax. It's a beautiful Sunday in Los Angeles I hope it's nice where you are...

"Life's Just To Short To Sweat The Small Stuff"

buckeyerl

Not in a tither. Just pointing out right from wrong. That's a major problem with this country. It has become politically correct to excuse one's behavior so as not to hurt their feelings. Hogshine would probably make for a good radio operator if he would take the initiative to do things the proper way. But apparently, I guess people such as yourself think that is to much to ask. Well, I for one, am not going to stop pointing out right from wrong! Using an amplifier on a CB radio is wrong, at least how current law is written. Until you and your ilk change said law, which I will gladly accept, I maintain that helping this individual with the original question is aiding and abetting. You are willfully directing this person on HOW to carry out an activity that is illegal... You just don't get it, do you?

fischlerpromo

Not in a tither. Just pointing out right from wrong. That's a major problem with this country. It has become politically correct to excuse one's behavior so as not to hurt their feelings. Hogshine would probably make for a good radio operator if he would take the initiative to do things the proper way. But apparently, I guess people such as yourself think that is to much to ask. Well, I for one, am not going to stop pointing out right from wrong! Using an amplifier on a CB radio is wrong, at least how current law is written. Until you and your ilk change said law, which I will gladly accept, I maintain that helping this individual with the original question is aiding and abetting. You are willfully directing this person on HOW to carry out an activity that is illegal... You just don't get it, do you?

OK, fine.. everyone is happy.
and to answer your question, YES, I do get it,.... I might have been born at night, but I wasn't born last night.

p.s. Later, if I remember I will call my attorney and ask him about this thread.

Last edited:

buckeyerl

You do that, Promo.. If he has a problem with it I'll be glad to set him/her straight.. It's really quite simple.....
p.s. glad to hear all is well in L.A.
It's quite nice here in Ohio too!!

buckeyerl

that's funny. sad, and probably true. but funny none the less.. Your still not going to get the last word, which is what your trying to do!
So There!!!!
P.S. We even keep in "Under God"

scannerfreak

Database Admin
That's enough, Closed...

buckeyerl, I have edited your location. The location field is not the place for commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.