Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

KO4IPV

My question is in the radio reference database I see listings for talkgroups , is this something that is or can be or should be added to if I was making a new favorites list or is the frequency number the important thing talk groups are added to that ?

KO4IPV

Have a read here to learn about the basics of trunked radio systems. Hopefully this will answer your question
Thank you very much for that information although it’s a lot to take in fairly new at this hobby and extremely excited about learning I will have to read that over and over again thank you very much

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thank you very much for that information although it’s a lot to take in fairly new at this hobby and extremely excited about learning I will have to read that over and over again thank you very much
If you "append" a system (in Sentinel), you would get all of the sites and talkgroups for that system. You would not need to add them separately, unless you are either creating a new system, that is not currently in the database, or there have been new talkgroups added during the time the weekly database updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.