Testing on the new Green 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norman

Heard some testing on the new Green 2 around 1pm today. No car traffic heard. Mention of Hwy 65,
Hwy 193 and I80, and a couple of references to Short Hill. Don't how long this has been going on.
Another reference to I80 and Foresthill.
Norm.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I was down in the White2 and Yellow areas today but before leaving I heard that overcompress/overmodulated sound on GREEN. I guess they are changing all of the channels to this new sound. It is horrible and actualy hurts my head. Upon hearing that awful sound on Green, I figured this testing on Green2 had started.

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
they were submitted a month ago

nobody has posted them cough inigo cough
:)

JAN26 GRN2 VAL 45.36 42.64 173.8

GLD2 VAL 44.62 42.38 173.8

BLK2 VAL 44.66 42.28 173.8

IF there's any common sense this will be the order they get cutover

IF they follow the usual.. they will bonehead it up and try to do them all on 1 day

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Cough ok ok I did I was holding out for them to start testing cough. :)

I also changed the alpha tags to reflect their real formatting as seen in the new division profiles (and your submission). Once other divisions start changing over, "WHITE 2" will not be descriptive enough, but "WHT2 VAL" will.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Blk Gold Grn or Blu will be down for 1 hr

10:13am per tori---just have units not use untill futher notice
10:12am at 1100 blk gold grn or blu will be down for 1 hr//radio cut over//unable to use//scroll up 2 position for valley gold 2/scroll once for blk

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
11:09am

The traffic here on virtually all CHP frequencies in the Sacramento area has gone quite quiet; except for the ocassional dead carrier.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
All units should be on the new channels.

Only getting traffic on BLU2 so far

EDIT: Getting intermittent roll call traffic on all news channels now but not enough to follow any of it.

Last edited:

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Radio Switch Over Complete

12:14PM *****VLY (BLU,BLK,GLD,OR GRN) 2
12:14PM **PLZ ADVS ALL UNITS THAT ANYTHING THEY WOULD WANT TO CONTACT SAC COM FOR IS NOW FOUND BY SCROLLING UP ON RADIO AND IT WILL READ:
12:14PM PER PSDSII xxxxxx / RADIO SWITCH OVER COMPLETE

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
CHP Sacramento

I'm hearing traffic on Gold2, Black2, Green2 and Blue2 now. It was interesting to monitor the switchover. It seems they were using NexTels for a while between the switch. Then mobiles were all out reporting in their locations and the dispatchers would indicate the peak they came in on and if they were 10-1 or 10-2.

While out mobile today myself, it seems that I am getting better reception of the mobiles now. I can't imagine why since it is just a frequency/CT change. Perhaps some others can chime in on this.

Regarding repeated traffic; I am getting a lot more traffic from the mobile frequencies that is not repeated than is (I monitor both). As the day has gone on, more and more traffic is being repeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.