SDR# TETRA Demodulator Trunk Tracking Demonstration

ferminSV

Yes, everything is installed correctly and double checked and as mentioned starting TTT I can see network info and when I switch between sites I see it in the TTT log, but no communication in TTT I only see that in TETRA Demodulator, previous version worked perfectly
I have the same problem.

Do you have win 10 home 64bit ?

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A505FN μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

palq

Yes, everything is installed correctly and double checked and as mentioned starting TTT I can see network info and when I switch between sites I see it in the TTT log, but no communication in TTT I only see that in TETRA Demodulator, previous version worked perfectly
I have the same problem.

Do you have win 10 home 64bit ?

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A505FN μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
I have the same problem.

Win7 64-bit.

R3Natas

Installed fresh SDR and TTT, same problem

Did some research and I think that the problem is with TETRA Demodulator plugin, using latest plugin and TTT 1.0.15 - not working, using latest plugin and TTT 1.0.14 - not working and redirecting to CC Park 0, using TTT 1.0.14 and demodulator for 1.0.14 works fine.

thewraith2008

Did some research and I think that the problem is with TETRA Demodulator plugin, using latest plugin and TTT 1.0.15 - not working, using latest plugin and TTT 1.0.14 - not working and redirecting to CC Park 0, using TTT 1.0.14 and demodulator for 1.0.14 works fine.

When you run SDR# (x2 ?) and TTT (Single,Dual?) it starts and sets up SDR# OK.
You see TTT show values for MCC/MNC/LA.
You see SDR# TETRA Demodulator showing call activity.

Now does TTT see a call and try to set it up and then goes to the wrong carrier.
Or just after starting TTT is moves the CC to '0'. Is '0' the carrier # or frequency?

Are the values for 'Base frequency', 'Offset' and 'CC Park' set OK.

Deleting 'tetra_trunk_tracker.dat' would be another thing to try but you said you did a fresh install so that probably won't help.

Latest version (v1.0.15) can be found here: Release post

ferminSV

With the new tetra demodulator plugin and the (old)TTT V1.0.14 the carrier goes to zero 0.

When I use the new demodulator and the new TTT V1.0.15 the TTT cant see new group calls.

thewraith2008

With the new tetra demodulator plugin and the (old)TTT V1.0.14 the carrier goes to zero 0.

When I use the new demodulator and the new TTT V1.0.15 the TTT cant see new group calls.

From release post thewraith2008 said:
This package (version) of TETRA Trunk Tracker and TETRA Demodulator plug-in (with codec libtetradec.dll) are only meant to be used
with each other and with no other previous versions. To do so will most likely cause issues.

What are all the options and fields set to in TTT? (v1.0.15)
Send me a PM (when you get to a post count of 5) of a screenshot of TTT (v1.015).

yugps

Same problem
TTT V1.0.14 (Single mode)Working normally 。
TTT V1.0.15(Single mode) Same setting F12 does not work。MCCH-SCCH Unable to track。

thewraith2008

With TTT V1.0.15 if I set the SDR# to 860.0625 it return to 800.000 and carrier 0.

See questions I've asked in earlier posts of people with this problem.
Provide the answers. I can't help without response to these questions.
I don't have the problem here and need to try and reproduce the issue to try and fix.

To all about known issues (fixed for next release)
Code:
FIXED: TTT Dual mode
       - SDR# VC was not returning to VC park after 'D_Release'.

FIXED/REMOVED: From v1.0.15 release
   - "TTT Single mode - Now uses the carrier value from the D_Release PDU to return to MCCH on the main carrier."
   - Seems some D_Release PDUs don't have 'carrier' and 'timeslot' elements.
   - Reverted back to using 'VC Park'

CHANGED: Tweak to private calls detection of mode of operation (Simplex/Duplex) in some cases. Was not identified.

thewraith2008

The only way I can replicate this issue is by mixing versions of TTT and TETRA Demodulator. *

e.g. :
  • TTT v1.0.14
  • TETRA Demodulator v1.0.15
This is what happens after starting both SDR# and TTT from fresh installs:
  • Click 'Start' TTT
  • TTT switches SDR# to frequency using the TTT defaults (also sets NFM, BW=25000).
  • Nothing happens because this is not the frequency you use.
  • You set SDR# to your MCCH frequency.
  • TTT detects and gets MCC/MNC/LA value but Main carrier (maybe frequency band, offset) are incorrectly set.
  • TTT the sees this change and moves SDR# frequency to xxx.0125 MHz (carrier 0)
If people are mixing versions stop it, please.
If you have an issue with the latest version, say something so I can do something about it.
Don't just mix versions then come here asking for help when it's not working and not saying that you have mixed up versions.

from release post I said:
* This package (version) of TETRA Trunk Tracker and TETRA Demodulator plug-in (with codec libtetradec.dll) are only meant to be used
with each other and with no other previous versions. To do so will most likely cause issues.

hamradionl

For users to control if you using the latest OFFICIAL PUBLIC release version
libtetradec.dll --- size: 36352 --- date: 22-01-2019
SDRSharp.Tetra.dll --- size: 543.232 --- date: 15-04-2019
tetra_trunk_tracker.exe --- size: 117.248 --- date: 15-04-2019

Last edited:

ferminSV

If people are mixing versions stop it, please.
If you have an issue with the latest version, say something so I can do something about it.
Don't just mix versions then come here asking for help when it's not working and not saying that you have mixed up versions.

Hello my friend if you wish I could send you a desktop record, but I don't have permission to send you PM. you could send me your email.

Thx

digiman1

[QUOTE="Maybe blocking all calls started by the Controller/Dispatcher (Just and idea, TTT doesn't do this) . But I don't know if that would work in your case.[/QUOTE]

I am having a hell of a time trying to catch this as an IQ file :(

The more I think of it though, blocking a call initiated by this particular Dispatcher SSI could work to an extent.

If the dispatcher starts a call, block this initial call and only start the call whenever the mobile user responds to the call within a TG or LA. Could that be done? Maybe have something within the GSSI Editor to block initial calls started by this user and be able to enter an SSI to block?

I hope I am making sense. In the meantime, I will keep trying to grab an IQ file recording.

hassanila

@thewraith2008 Thank you for fixing my issue in the upcoming version :D!
If you have a donation page let us know, I'm happy to donate to you for the great plugin.

Also if you need feedback in what functions you should add:
  • Option to filter out all talkgroups and only listen to the specified one(s) (instead of blocking the ones that we are not interested in when they appear)
  • Option to automatically "Start" when launched
  • Check below: Ability to listen to MCC and VC with one sdr
I just found an old plugin for SDR# called "Aux VFO's" here (the site is in Russian).
I haven't tested it Demo on YT.
It basically allows SDR# to listen to up to 3 frequencies simultaneously in the same swath of live bandwidth (I have up to 20MSPS), this allows us to use one sdr device to listen to both the MCC and the VC, and thus not needing two devices. I wonder if you have ever thought of modifying the "Tetra Demodulator" plugin and TTT to allow them to integrate with that plugin?

thewraith2008

@thewraith2008
Also if you need feedback in what functions you should add:
  • Option to filter out all talkgroups and only listen to the specified one(s) (instead of blocking the ones that we are not interested in when they appear)
The default action is to allow all GSSIs until locked out. Blocking all and then allowing is counter-intuitive.
How would you know you want to listen to something if it's blocked to start with?

• Option to automatically "Start" when launched
Unforunately this is required because of the way TTT handles/controls SDR#. TTT needs to start of with focus, hence the 'Start' button.

• Check below: Ability to listen to MCC and VC with one sdr
I just found an old plugin for SDR# called "Aux VFO's" here (the site is in Russian).
I haven't tested it Demo on YT.
It basically allows SDR# to listen to up to 3 frequencies simultaneously in the same swath of live bandwidth (I have up to 20MSPS), this allows us to use one sdr device to listen to both the MCC and the VC, and thus not needing two devices. I wonder if you have ever thought of modifying the "Tetra Demodulator" plugin and TTT to allow them to integrate with that plugin?

Assuming you meant to say "Ability to listen to MCCH and VC with one sdr"

Check this post from the main forum page for "TetraNetMonitor" (in early development stages)

thewraith2008

12th Public Release - TETRA Trunk Tracker and TETRA Demodulator plug-in - v1.0.15.5

With the recent changes to TETRA Trunk Tracker and the TETRA plug-in both may experience more frequent issues.
Bear with me through these issues and help if you can by supplying detailed reports of any problems you have.
(e.g. TTT version, TTT mode and selected options, Plug-in selected options and SDR# version and crash log if exists)

This package (version) of TETRA Trunk Tracker and TETRA Demodulator plug-in (with codec libtetradec.dll) are only meant to be used

No changes to TETRA Demodulator plug-in in this release.

If SDR# is crashing when 'Demodulator' is enabled, it's because you have not set-up the plug-in correctly.
You MUST do this 1st. This is NOT TETRA Trunk Trackers fault.

You generally need to get these installed:
"Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 (Offline Installer)"
"Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 (Offline Installer)"
"Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable" and install both 32/64 bit versions (if you use 64 bit OS)

This TETRA Trunk Tracker version changes/adds and fixes some items: (See "changelog.txt" for full list)
Code:
 Summary of changes

v1.0.15.5
FIXED: TTT Dual mode
       - SDR# VC was not returning to VC park after 'D_Release'.

CHANGED: Tweak to private calls detection of mode of operation (Simplex/Duplex) in some cases. Was not identified.

CHANGED: On call release, the timeslot is returned to timeslot #1 (MCCH) for SDR# plug-in (both if Dual mode)
         - This is mainly to address the audio bleed through people have mentioned when TTT is idle
            and a timeslot becomes active when it's still selected. This activity causes SDR# to un-mute and
            audio can be heard on some set-ups even though volume is at lowest.
         - For no other reason is this done.

ADDED: SDS unknown protocol IDs, DATA to text handling (Experimental)

ADDED: Status code labels (Experimental)

Has been tested on Windows 7 - Basic (64 bit)
Has been tested on Windows 7 - Professional SP1 (32 bit), English
Has been tested on Windows 10 - Professional (64 bit)

I have created it to suit my needs. And it currently works for me with the TETRA network I monitor.

I make no claim that it will work for other networks.

Please read the provided files for set-up and usage:

• TTT_set-up_manual.pdf
  • TTT_Features_and_Usage.pdf

I have tried to be as thorough as possible with the documentation to explain usage and features.
I believe any questions can be answered by reading these files.
These files most likely are not complete and contain errors and are not laid out as good as they could be.

The TETRA plug-in is now been mainly tested with SDR# 1700 on Windows 7 Professional 32 bit with no issues seen.
The TETRA plug-in with SDR# 1700 on Windows 7-10 64 bit PCs is untested by me and is known.

It only works with the provided TETRA plug-in supplied in zip. (2019-April-15).
This version uses a custom compiled version of 'Net Remote' supplied in zip

It is only meant to be a temporary solution until something better comes along.

Please look at the "changelog.txt" for both plug-in and TTT as these maybe contain instructions/explanations for features that may not be covered in the PDF documentation.

Download

MD5 HASH 9464492a1841d4d67296525812d8a2d6