Thunder Over Columbus Sept 21-22 2024

scanphreak

For the aviation/comms enthusiast Columbus AFB is hosting THUNDER OVER COLUMBUS this coming weekend Sept 21-22

USAF Thunderbirds will be the primary demonstration team with a host of other military and civilian demonstrations, lots of static displays etc.

100% free, base access will be allowed. So if you remain off the base get your scanners ready to catch all of the radio traffic in the skies over Columbus.

scanphreak

For the record, radio scanners were allowed on CAFB for the airshow this year. First time in a long time.
Wow... That's cool. I wish they all were like that. I used to take mine out to Keesler's all the time but they became ultra strict after 9/11. They must have changed a policy or something later because early on in the announcements I do believe I saw no radios allowed.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Wow... That's cool. I wish they all were like that. I used to take mine out to Keesler's all the time but they became ultra strict after 9/11. They must have changed a policy or something later because early on in the announcements I do believe I saw no radios allowed.
When you see advertisements early for the show, especially if it’s on the bases website be sure to check the dates. A lot don’t update their dates until a few months out.