• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK-190/390 Inversion Scrambler Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeoVindice

P25 Underground
Does anyone know the part number for scrambler boards for these portables, and/or a dealer that has them in stock? I'm open to aftermarket solutions if needed.

DeoVindice

P25 Underground
I will have to look that up, but theses are EOL.

Yes, I'm aware of that. I've considered a move towards TK-3180s to replace the TK-390s, but the user interface and material quality is better on the 390s in my experience. My local Kenwood shop pointed me towards a company that sells their own potentially-compatible boards, as well as speaker mics with an integrated scrambler board. In the event I cannot source OEM boards, I'll be looking at these.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Copy sir, I turned up nothing on Dealer tools, may have to use your source.
Sorry I can't be of any help on that.

I will say this, the NX-3x20 series mobiles are about 30 to 50 dollars cheaper than the x180 mobiles.

8250182500 8250282503

But yes, work with your dealer. Thanks for asking though.

By the way the portables are EOL. The mobiles are still currently stocked.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Forgot to mention, you may have to test your current radio to you dealers radio on the inversion, the newer radios come with it standard, and
can be "warped" to a different phase angle in the newer software.

Frequency
Help_Analog

Frequency
allows you to configure an inversion frequency for each Scrambler Code to be used when a scrambled audio signal is descrambled to the original audio using the built-in Voice Scrambler.

Range:

Blank, Kenwood or 2000 Hz to 4096 Hz (in steps of 1 Hz)

Default:

Code 1: Kenwood

Code 2 to 16: Blank

Note:

• Code 1 cannot be left blank, and deleting a value for Code 1 automatically configures the value "Kenwood" for Code 1.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I will say this, the NX-3x20 series mobiles are about 30 to 50 dollars cheaper than the x180 mobiles.

I've got a bunch of the NX-3400's at work, and they are nice radios. I'd absolutely go that route over the TK-3180.

Either way, both radios have a built in scrambler. The benefit to the NX-3xx0 series is that they'll do NXDN or DMR, as well as analog. If you are buying new, don't invest in analog only gear.

richardbritt

Database Admin
Forgot to mention, you may have to test your current radio to you dealers radio on the inversion, the newer radios come with it standard, and
can be "warped" to a different phase angle in the newer software.

Frequency
Help_Analog

Frequency
allows you to configure an inversion frequency for each Scrambler Code to be used when a scrambled audio signal is descrambled to the original audio using the built-in Voice Scrambler.

Range:

Blank, Kenwood or 2000 Hz to 4096 Hz (in steps of 1 Hz)

Default:

Code 1: Kenwood

Code 2 to 16: Blank

Note:

• Code 1 cannot be left blank, and deleting a value for Code 1 automatically configures the value "Kenwood" for Code 1.
Hi, I bought a 7180 and a 8180 on ebay used. How do know if it has the ability to use voice scrambling?

Thank you

Richard

DeoVindice

P25 Underground
Try Midian

I've since made the hop over to TK-3180s (buying used at this time). Midian appears to actively manufacture 3180 boards; what other manufacturers should I be looking at to comparison-shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.