Toronto Unknown DMR's

polkaroo

Missed him again!
462.2375 DMR CC 3 TG 10 Security.. heard someone mention that someone can't hear anything on their Legislative Assembly radio. I did check and it is licensed on that frequency at the LA but the address listed is 99 Wellesley St W which is the Whitney Block.
Hmm interesting. Might be the Mowat Block. The Legislative Security covers both the main building and the Whitney Block where there's MPPs and the Premier's (actual) office.
Also I was hearing the 452.2125/452.2625 Cap+ CC 11 TG 50 against today while walking through the MARS Centre. It's definitely somewhere around WCH/Mars and it very well could be WCH.

I had 452.2625 marked down as Cap+ Site 1 DCC 8 Ch1/2
TG 50 Security (PW2, PW3, KW5. P1 & P2, ER. 8th fl East Wing, ICU
TG 60 Maintenance

WCH has nothing on TAFL with their name or address. It is licensed to Toronto Rehab 550 University which is across the street from MaRS, but they don't have ER and ICUs I don't think.

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
I have heard the 454.7500 as well back in Sept full strength when I was at Yonge-Dundas Square. So I am thinking you are right on this one.

I heard today when I was in Toronto
462.2375 DMR CC 3 TG 10 Security.. heard someone mention that someone can't hear anything on their Legislative Assembly radio. I did check and it is licensed on that frequency at the LA but the address listed is 99 Wellesley St W which is the Whitney Block.

Also I was hearing the 452.2125/452.2625 Cap+ CC 11 TG 50 against today while walking through the MARS Centre. It's definitely somewhere around WCH/Mars and it very well could be WCH.

Matt
Great work Matt! Maybe the MaRs freq is another rest channel for them?

mbstone99

Hmm interesting. Might be the Mowat Block. The Legislative Security covers both the main building and the Whitney Block where there's MPPs and the Premier's (actual) office.

TG 60 Maintenance

WCH has nothing on TAFL with their name or address. It is licensed to Toronto Rehab 550 University which is across the street from MARS, but they don't have ER and ICUs I don't think.

I am going to have to check my notes.. not sure if I meant PMH or WCH.. ugh but one of those two I heard it outside with no antenna. I will be back in Toronto in a few days so I will try to check it then at some point.

Edit: I heard it outside of PMH with no antenna.

Matt

mbstone99

I am going to have to check my notes.. not sure if I meant PMH or WCH.. ugh but one of those two I heard it outside with no antenna. I will be back in Toronto in a few days so I will try to check it then at some point.

Edit: I heard it outside of PMH with no antenna.

Matt

I did hear it too at full Signal Strength with an antenna when I was walking through MaRS. The janitors at MaRS I know are still using the 460 frequency listed in the DB,

Matt

polkaroo

Missed him again!
Another one to add (and change in the DB)
454.2250 DMR BS DCC 15 TG 100 S1 OCAD Security. Talk of McCaul and 250 Richmond, freq is licensed to OCAD.

mciupa

250 Richmond W. would be the back of the Bell Media building that faces 299 Queen St. W. Since OCAD is on McCaul I would concur it is OCAD Security.

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber

TG 60 Maintenance

WCH has nothing on TAFL with their name or address. It is licensed to Toronto Rehab 550 University which is across the street from MaRS, but they don't have ER and ICUs I don't think
Could very be them since Matt had posted some stuff about Mount Sinai in the past and thier possible freqs.

I know Toronto Rehab does not have any sort of ICU or ER. As for the WCH website, they do not seem to have an ER. but some sort of Acute unit, AACU is what their website says.

Maybe this could be part of the UHN system? Seems to have the same freq and colour code as TGH. We might also want to look at the number of floors of each site, Might provide some clues as to which site it is.

mbstone99

Could very be them since Matt had posted some stuff about Mount Sinai in the past and thier possible freqs.

I know Toronto Rehab does not have any sort of ICU or ER. As for the WCH website, they do not seem to have an ER. but some sort of Acute unit, AACU is what their website says.

Maybe this could be part of the UHN system? Seems to have the same freq and colour code as TGH. We might also want to look at the number of floors of each site, Might provide some clues as to which site it is.

Speaking of Mount Sinai, I am still hearing the 406.8375 CC 10 DMR TG 8356 active only when I was in Hospital Row. When I was hearing this frequency, I thinking that it could be one of them, but noted the clear signal but had very low strength. I am still thinking that this could be St Joseph's Health Care but not 100% sure. (In the TAFL it was licensed to them on both the 406 and the 422 MHz which I also have heard active with the same CC and same/similar TG's but it's no longer listed in it.)

Matt

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
Speaking of Mount Sinai, I am still hearing the 406.8375 CC 10 DMR TG 8356 active only when I was in Hospital Row. When I was hearing this frequency, I thinking that it could be one of them, but noted the clear signal but had very low strength. I am still thinking that this could be St Joseph's Health Care but not 100% sure. (In the TAFL it was licensed to them on both the 406 and the 422 MHz which I also have heard active with the same CC and same/similar TG's but it's no longer listed in it.)

Matt
I remember you mentioned that in the past about it possibly being St. Joe's also.

mbstone99

461.4375 dmr cc 9 tg 901 is one that I have reported on before but I still am not sure who this is, from the convos I heard it sounds like some type of security patrol. I will investigate this one more and see if I can identify it.

Matt

Tonight while listening to a bunch of my usual systems in my radio I was finally able to figure out who this is. I heard a call for one of the Ronald McDonald rooms up on the third floor. After doing a quick search McMaster Children's Hospital here in Hamilton matches it perfectly.

Matt

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
Tonight while listening to a bunch of my usual systems in my radio I was finally able to figure out who this is. I heard a call for one of the Ronald McDonald rooms up on the third floor. After doing a quick search McMaster Children's Hospital here in Hamilton matches it perfectly.

Matt
I always thought the Hospital and University were on the same system. I guess not

polkaroo

Missed him again!
Confirmed Cap+ on 453.8875, channel 1/2, DCC 12, Site 2 is St. Michael's Hospital 30 Bond St. in Toronto.

mciupa

mbstone99

Confirmed Cap+ on 453.8875, channel 1/2, DCC 12, Site 2 is St. Michael's Hospital 30 Bond St. in Toronto.

I've added Unity Health to the database.

If we look back to post# 82 back in July, this is what Matt discovered:

I think a few of those are belonging to HSC.. When I am out of Toronto in the next few weeks or so. I will give these St Mikes and HSC a check and see if I can find what belongs where.

Matt

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
I think a few of those are belonging to HSC.. When I am out of Toronto in the next few weeks or so. I will give these St Mikes and HSC a check and see if I can find what belongs where.

Matt
I agree. I have heard HSC Ops on there in the past when I was looking for MSH. Maybe its the same colour code but low power?

polkaroo

Missed him again!
I agree. I have heard HSC Ops on there in the past when I was looking for MSH. Maybe its the same colour code but low power?

I was always perplexed with the Site 2 return for an HSC frequency. While they do have two buildings, they're adjacent to each other. Therefore SJ as Site 1 and SMH as Site 2 makes much more sense. I might need to be back down next week so I'll try to have another listen.

mbstone99

I was always perplexed with the Site 2 return for an HSC frequency. While they do have two buildings, they're adjacent to each other. Therefore SJ as Site 1 and SMH as Site 2 makes much more sense. I might need to be back down next week so I'll try to have another listen.

St Mike's possibly could have 2 sites.. one for their old building and one for the new one?

And a off topic note.. a bunch of talkgroups (I think about 15 different ones) between 81 and 102 on the Bearcom Event Cap+ have started popping up and have some usage going on, anyone have any idea what is going on?

Matt

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
That might make more sense since they are both part of Unity Health