Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopherit

Has anyone over the last few days while monitoring Tor. find the transmission dropping out. and getting EMS & Police on TFS talk groups. I heard on the ETF band a few days ago TPS going encrypted very soon.

jonesyxvii

Premium Subscriber
gopherit; said:
Has anyone over the last few days while monitoring Tor. find the transmission dropping out. and getting EMS & Police on TFS talk groups. I heard on the ETF band a few days ago TPS going encrypted very soon.

I've noticed TFS on TPS talkgroups and vice versa for a while now.

mciupa

Next time it happens, check which site and voice channel it is occuring on.

In the past I've seen 862.4875 "stick" on the Site 002 Bell Tower, resulting in a talkgroup hanging and a new call coming through still displaying the old t/g.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.344 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/332)

Telecom has been doing a lot of work the past while...something is likely broken somewhere.

TPS isn't going across TFS talkgroups at all.

mciupa

Next time it happens, check which site and voice channel it is occuring on.

In the past I've seen 862.4875 "stick" on the Site 002 Bell Tower, resulting in a talkgroup hanging and a new call coming through still displaying the old t/g.

Today I'm seeing it happen on 862.4125 on the North site.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.344 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/332)

Check the system today :) You might find something very curious.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber

Well are you within range of the system? It's very obvious if you are.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Well it isn't signifigant in terms of the audio difference. It's a "get the field guys used to it" from what I've been told.

VE3RADIO

HEHEHE.. Dispatch is Digital.. common guys its obvious.. just listen!

I suppose I better spell it out.. that is why I am editing.. it is digital input but being output in analog.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber

It is very obvious. It's only the dispatcher, not radios.

bigcam406

im an avid listener of TPS,mostly through the night(listen at work 11-7am),and ive known that work is being done,but i feel my location has alot to do with not hearing the difference.i listened last night as well,and it still sounds the same to me.just wondering when the system does go digital(and hopefully unencrypted) what kind of area coverage is it going to have,as i know analogue signals cover more area compared to digital if using the same power output.anyone want to clarify this? thanks.

VE3RADIO

Listen for a semi underwater sound when the dispatcher talks.. i don't know if underwater is the word.. but it is defiantly more hallow and clear.

newtoscanning

Something wrong this morning?

Just flipped the radio on. Toronto EMS SE is complaining all the quadrants is down and it sounds like the dispatcher is using a portable radio to dispatch.

51 division's radios keep cutting out.

Anyone know anything?

newtoscanning

Is it only Toronto Poilice that are digital or is Fire and EMS going digital as well?

As far as I know everyone. Don't think it's going to be mixed like fleetnet.

I did see a paid duty today though that didn't have a xts5k so they may be behind schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.