Travelling with Ham radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubbrduck

Hello All,
In the coming week I will be leaving the United States and heading to Canada. I am liscensed here in the U.S. However I have 2. main questions. I will be near Montreal area in Quebec.
1. What Kind of paperwork do I need? Do I require a copy of my liscense?
2. Based on my research can I just use the 2 meter repeaters using "VE2/(Callsign)" or doe I need to say something else?
If anyone has any more infromation that would be helpful I woul greatly apreciate it.

rubbrduck

k6cpo

I'm trying to remember what I was told a couple of years ago When I was in Vancouver.

I think the reply to the e-mail I sent to either Industry Canada or RAC said that all I needed to do was identify with my US call sign with the suffix /VA7 or VE7 (for the region of Canada I was in.)

DiabloKing

All you need to do is just say stroke (prefix) of what every region your going to be in. I would take a copy of your license just incase but you wont need it.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Keep in mind we're much more liberal up here.

Carry a copy of your licence and identify as /VE2 although if you're mainly operating in the upper bands, most of us will be able to figure out you're in the area without the /VE.

And if you happen to forget /VE, don't worry about it. Industry Canada has better things to do with their time than monitoring the amateur bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.